h1 derestricting

Moderator: Moderators

tamd86
My Bike: zxr 400

h1 derestricting

Post by tamd86 »

alright folks,.. question.. I have an h1 and im pretty sure that its restricted to 110mph,its pretty quick getting there but goes flat after,.. the bikes been rebuilt, new plugs,gaskets,oil,air filter,cam chain,..no air leaks,.. main jet is 98,..micron exhaust,st/steel down pipes,.... it looks to me like someone has put a black box off the clocks, it revs right thru to 14k rpm, but wont go past 110,.. its runnin 15tooth on front 47 on rear,.. the cdi unit is the red Atype, obviously its imported,... can anyone help me with getting this thing to full speed, runs grand, but need the top end sorted! :smt013 ... .. does anyone know if I need to cut the pink wire comin off the cdi and put a resistor in to earth??... help would be much appreciated... tommy
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: h1 derestricting

Post by CaNsA »

Check the stickied topics in this section that you have posted this thread in while ignoring the information that has been provided for you to browse at your leisure.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: h1 derestricting

Post by banner001 »

its not electrical, whip your carbs off and check the mains, consider going 1-3 sizes bigger...dont ask where to buy them from...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003