derestricting H model

Moderator: Moderators

adreid
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

derestricting H model

Post by adreid »

I have a H1 model ZXR400 and its limited to 110 mph as its a grey import. I have purchased some Lmodel dials and gonna swap the speedo. Ive read most of the articles posted but still not sure if this will derestrict the bike. If I have to change the CDI are there H model CDI's that are derestricted or can I use another models CDI.
If you feel in control your not goin fast enough!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

tell you what mate, how about i send you our test speedo for you to try, its a H model speedo which i removed the tab from the speedo, need someone to be a guinea pig and try it out?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Swapping the clocks over wont derestrict it as the H clocks plug into the loom. When you put the L model mph clocks on they dont plug in. So far as the CDI is concerned it isnt connected to the clock, and i think the 10Krpm limit kicks in instead.

Give it a try but i doubt derestricting is as easy as that, all the japs would be doing it otherwise. Best way to derestrict is to take out the tab, as Baz has done with the speedo that hes suggesting you try. You could try a UK CDI unit but i dont think the UK L model will swap with the H??
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

You can also get electrical boxes that plug into the loom that stop the 180Km/k restriction (All the Jap's doing it) or if your clocks are in Km/h put an inline MPH converter and the needle will never get that high - Turbo's and NOS excluded :smt002
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly