F**K YEAH

Moderator: Moderators

Cloud Wolf
My Bike: ZXR 400 L 92

F**K YEAH

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Finally bloody got the restrictors in. Took a while trying to get the allen key in to remove the carb rubbers and then place the restricting washers underneath the joiner to the engine head from the carbs. Finished about 2 in the morn lol, will have to get up nice and early and put the rest of the bike back on now. Very sorry Baz but i didnt take any pictures, firstly i dont actually own a camera or have access to one (my mobile broke) so no guide as of yet. Maybe when i take the restrictors out ill do one lol. If anyone wants advice on restricting then just ask, to do mine it only cost £40 and that was for the washers second hand off the forums, should cost £150-£200 from a garage.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: F**K YEAH

Post by masterofinsanity »

glad you sorted it mate, let us know how you get on with the bike now its restricted.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Will do, am gonna pay for insurance in a couple of days and get the bike booked in to replace the fork seals, after that it'll be ready to go, shame the paint looks like a pile of toad, but thats gonna have to wait lol
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

nice one mate, it would have been easier to take the carbs off first then the rubbers. :smt002
gt185
My Bike: ZXR400H2

Post by gt185 »

Might be a daft question, but why are you adding restrictors?
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

gt185 wrote:Might be a daft question, but why are you adding restrictors?
er.... possibly because he's on a restricted licence..... or is that way too obvious
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
gt185
My Bike: ZXR400H2

Post by gt185 »

Passed my test about a hundred years ago, so I've no idea what a restricted license is.
So it was a daft question after all....................
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

ah OK :-) in short, unless you are over 21 when you take your bike test you are restricted to 33bhp for 2 years. A bit out of date now, but http://jocke.selincite.com/bikes/bikelicence

/Caz
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Aye tis true, unfortunately still on restricted license, 6 dec 2009 and ill take em out lol, might start counting the days....
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

Oh btw Rob i would have taken the carbs off but looked like a lot of hassle with the controls and pipes, already had the petrol pipe and air filter pipe in my face half the time lol, started the bike up for the first time after putting restrictors in (was at work) and was very worried to sfind that it was running quite badly, sounded ropy. After swiching it off and going to make a cup of tea to calm me down i then remembered what you have to do to take the tank off, thats it you guessed it.... The giraffe petrol tap LOL, anyone else ever done this? please tell me im not the only moron
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

i do it all the time mate, i have to turn mine off as soon as i stop as its a free flow tap for drag racing and if i don't turn it off the carbs get flooded, if i do turn it off, guarantee i forget to turn the bugger back on.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

lol giraffe. just wondering, you done any/many trackdays baz?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

no mate, plan to take it down the strip on the 18th may depending wether the missus can get the day off work.
Cloud Wolf

Post by Cloud Wolf »

You mean drag racing yeah? sounds like fun, unfortunatley as neither of my parents are into bikes properly ive never had a chance up until i was 16 to have anything to do with bikes. My dad was part of a dutch biker camp when he lived in the south of france but that didnt include much actual biking, mostly drinking lol. i swear if i have kids as soon as they can walk they'll have a bike lol. Anyway was wondering where the best place to do my first trackday was, although heard you have to be 18 which sucks but then may be nicer in the summer.