Wont pull under load

Moderator: Moderators

Frankenprilia
My Bike: zxr400l1

Wont pull under load

Post by Frankenprilia »

I have an issue with my ZXR400L1 whilst at Anglesey this weekend I only got 2 laps due to a very strange issue.
The bike had been stood abut 5 years so cleaned carbs re set and adjusted them checked over bike new fuel and ran in the garden a few times with no issues ( except the erratic choke but that's always been there)
Arrived at the track got all set up warmed the bike no problems Tyre warmers off and away i go 1/2 way round the first lap no power wouldn't pull past 6,000 rpm in any gear, if i pull in the clutch revs no problem, back to the pits in N it will rev to 14,000 perfect on a paddock stand in gear no problems, back out on track 6,000 rpm and no power.
Im thinking could be coil or HT leads so got some on order anything else i should check?
Bubba2
My Bike: Zxr 750 j1

Re: Wont pull under load

Post by Bubba2 »

My zxr750 does nearly the same thing and I’ve tried everything!!🤔I think but no fix have you mended yours yet?
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

This a is a problem I’ve been chasing with my zxr l3 for several years now.

Have totally rebuilt the engine from the crank up, have fitted a brand new loom made by a member on here, fitted new dyna coils and new HT leads. Multiple igniters, brand new pulse sensor, new spark plugs. Even a brand new pcb board and components in the fuse box courtesy of banner. Essentially, my L3 is 99% brand new or better than stock in the electric department. Still didn’t work.

I had all but given up until I measured the plug cap resistance. Should be 5k, mine were 5mega ohm!

The bike now runs perfectly on the bench (however it did even before I went looking for this problem). I still haven’t had the chance to ride it though but it’s worth a shot to see what your plug caps are measuring at.

I’m hoping that the resistance is to big and under load the spark is too weak.

Basically this was a long winded way of saying measure plug cap resistance
Bubba2
My Bike: Zxr 750 j1

Post by Bubba2 »

I haven’t checked ohm’s but I did get a new coil and a couple of plug caps I had lying about 🤔