cuts out

Moderator: Moderators

steve87
My Bike: zxr400 h1

Re: cuts out

Post by steve87 »

ill try and test it then.
if it is the genertor, how hard are these to change.
to make it more confusing.
it only has problems after bout 20 miles.
then if you turn it over, everything turns over slowly and wnt fire, but will jump start. if you keave it a while. long enough for all to get cold, all the powers there again. which leads me to think either the reg is to hot and not orking properly or the coils are knackered and wont fire properly when hot.
do you think this is about right?
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

sounds about right to me. something is getting to hot and therefore works fine when cooled down. Though if it were the reg/rect it shouldn't be fine after its cooled down as the battery still shouldn't be charged enough if the reg/rect hadn't been working properly. I'd look at the coils.
These things are sent to try us!!
steve87
My Bike: zxr400 h1

Post by steve87 »

parby. your a legend. thANK GOD someone gave me a straight ANSWER. i will change em both.
steve
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

like i said , i have a spare rectifier if you want it, it works ok as long as you don't turn your headlights on cos then it drains the battery, if you want to test it pm me your details and i'll drop it in the post.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

yes its a straight answer. unfortunately with electrics, its doesn't mean its right. start at the coils and work from there.
These things are sent to try us!!