ZXR400 has NO power

Moderator: Moderators

extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Re: ZXR400 has NO power

Post by extonyg »

check starter relay and the fuse on it isnt blown (30amp), these can 'stick' sometimes if not used for a while, sometimes a little tap can free them off.
markmac1978
My Bike: ZXR400L

Re: ZXR400 has NO power

Post by markmac1978 »

Right i am completly confussed now about this bike and its not working, Well it is working now but dont really know how.

I have been checking all the wires and found the were all still showing good when checking them, But bike still would not start. Then i connected the meter to the a from the fuse box and it showed a break, The wire went ro the fuse box to the fuse marked 'ACC'????? What is this 'ACC'.

So i got another wire and conected this wire in place of the so called broken wire and still nothing. Then, either stupidly or gunius, i connected the straight to the positive of the battery and into life the bike went, all the lights came on and i pressed the button and it stated first time no probs. I mess about trying to sort this wire but nothing, But a direct frrd from the battery to the 'ACC' Fuse seems to let the bike work.

NE 1 with any idea what the hell is going on as i have now. Apart from the bike works great until i take this wire off.