Yes you guest it , wont start .

Moderator: Moderators

BrianZXR
My Bike: zxr400h2

Re: Yes you guest it , wont start .

Post by BrianZXR »

ha ha yes , turning fuel on is always a must , sounds bit odd that he aint getting backfires or something if bike was running fine before being laid up ,fresh fuel , EZ start and a good power source could do it ,just dont crank it over none stop on the button , starter motors dont like it ,hope you get it going
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

i had a similar issue after mine was written off, it just need a bloody good spark to get it going after being stood. And it only takes like 5 minutes to jump it so it's worth a try with the car running...
Last edited by bendog66 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghosty
My Bike: zxr 400 -- L5 .

Post by ghosty »

ordered some plugs should be with me tomorrow sometime , as for the spark plug socket i got one which says 10mm on it but measured the hex and it is 16mm confused ?? have i got the right socket . i got a bigger plug socket but its on a 1/4 inch drive and not got a extension bar for that one .
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

it was the right size plug socket , what am i supposed to be looking for ?? colour . took one out & its brownish in colour ?? is this normal . but will be changing them anyway whenn my set comes .
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

To be honest with you a new set of plugs is not likely to suddenly fix your starting problem..................
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Cleaned old plugs up today & fully charged the battery , sprayed a bit of carb cleaner into the top of the carbs { why i dont know just thought it might disolve some gunk } turned it on and the bloody thing started , so i have bought a new set of plugs for nothing , but got to give it a service soon , anyway taking it for a mot 2moz , lets hope it passes , it has a little film of oil on the fork stems ???
cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

Post by cdstirland81 »

if you feel and see oil smear on the fork chrome, give them a clean, then bounce the forks, just to check its not WD40 or some other crap, if its fork oil, don't bother going to MOT until you've fixed it! you'll fail for leaking fork seals!
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

wiped the oil & took it straight for a mot , passed flying colours , havent checked to see if oil has returned , cant wait for summer if we have one this year .
BrianZXR
My Bike: zxr400h2

Post by BrianZXR »

Good lad , just keep an eye on it coz if you suspect it you can bet its there , forks pump alot of oil ,,,,right onto your brake discs ,mmmmmmm not good , forecast for coming week looks grand ,bring on the late evenings where the suns goes down about 9.30pm ! giddy at the thought !!!