Help ! ZXR 400 wot turn over...

Moderator: Moderators

BikerJake2010
My Bike: ZXR400 L8 / XJ600 S

Help ! ZXR 400 wot turn over...

Post by BikerJake2010 »

Okidoki, here goes, i took the bike tank off etc to get to the ignition barrel (lost my key and needed it removed to get a key made) everything has been put back the way i found it. and it wont turn over..... the lights come on, neutral, indicators etc. but when i hit the start, nothing.... not even a sound trying to turn over, the bike was only out of use for 5 days so i dont see it being a battry problem..... anyone help on this????

[Don't Just SAY it, DO it!]
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: Help ! ZXR 400 wot turn over...

Post by zimm »

you have switched the kill switch on ... right ?

if you have .. then check all the wiring IS connected, and for the sake of completeness check the battery voltage .. although you should at least get a click and an epilleptic rev counter if its low.
BikerJake2010
My Bike: ZXR400 L8 / XJ600 S

Post by BikerJake2010 »

Heya Zimm, yup the cut out switch was 100% off first thing i checked. Been through the whole of what i have touched on the bike, all electric plug blocks are nice and sound all the cables seem to be ok, No kinks, breaks or tears. Checked the sidestand switch once id got to it through a good inch or two of road grime and greese. that was fine... clutch switch as far as i can tell is fine......
I took the bike up to a big ass hill to try and jump start her.... that worked, rode around for 5 / 10 mins to see if i could ease up the starter motor or put a little power in the battery (which i think is fine aswell), got "nearly home" and some pilluck pulled right out in front of me on a roundabout and for some mental fart of a reason i ended up stalling the bike, (at the bottom of this fat assed hill and i live at the top :smt011 , so a long long long push all the way back up.... and trust me they may not be heavy but in this PERFECT RIDING WEATHER *sobs* it was a killer...... And Still no luck doing anything................... So to save me another week of a headache without the bike i had to pay some bloke £30 to pick her up and take it to the mechanics.. :smt010 :smt013 :smt010 ... So now its another flaming waiting game, and this game i am getting sick and tired with lol....... think i need to head to the rantin and ravin section to vent out my pure hatred of public transport and WALKING :smt010 to town everyday!....

Let there be a bike god that might give me a tiny bit of a hope of using it anytime soon *fingers crossed*

[Don't Just SAY it, DO it!]
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

anti theft in the ignition barrel may have been damaged by the locksmiths?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.