Cut out on me!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikey_m
My Bike: zxr 400 H1

Cut out on me!!

Post by mikey_m »

Hi guys,

I was riding home today from work, as per normal. And about 10 minutes into my ride, i was waiting at a set of traffic lights and my bike just cut out when it was idling. I tried to start up, Started and i get it some revvs, but all i got was pop pop BANG! Cut out again. I finally managed to get it started and rode it 100 yards to the layby.

i carried on trying to start it, it started and idled ok, but then cut out. Its as if someone is flicking my on-off button now and then.

So i just waited for 10 minutes and started it up again, I had no problems, revved fine and idled fine. Rode all the way home.

Does anyone know what this could be? Might of been abit of crap in the fuel line?

Does anyone know what the pickup is all about? as i know some people had to change this but i dont have a clue what it is.

Oh and one more thing, It rained yesterday and my CDI got wet, and my bike wouldnt start as there was water in the plug that goes into the CDI. But started fine once i cleared it out.

Maybe i have short fused my CDI?

Any info would be great guys.

Thanks alot, michael.
rabidnz
My Bike: ZXR400L1

Re: Cut out on me!!

Post by rabidnz »

had this problem, tried everything i could think of, went crazy with the multimeter, then decided i should check the petrol. Opened the tank, hissssssssssssssssssss, blocked breather, vacuum in tank, away i rode :)