revving problems..

Moderator: Moderators

the-honk-bonk
My Bike: zxr 400 h2

revving problems..

Post by the-honk-bonk »

hi guys,
my h2 doesnt want to rev up anymore.since a week ive noticed a decline, first at 12, then 8,now anything from 5-6 k revvs and its spluttering backfiring and the ride becomes jerky.used to be fine all the way up the clock, in the recent month ive experienced more backfiring going down the gears than usual. it pulls really well until 5k ish revvs.
i have cleaned the carbs, really well. they are balanced. jets are clean, 102s and 35s.diaphrams are all good, floats aint sticking, fuel pump pumps good. fuel filter is new. swapped with good coils, good leads. plugs are 1 1/2 years old, each sparking and all the same dark brown colour on the ceramic, used to be lighter brown in spring.
when revving the bike with the airbox off i see alot of fuel mix misting out of the carbs and wetting the air entrance..

all this has happened very quickly, which made me think electrics, can the cdi give problems like this? il be putting in new plugs in a couple of days.
help anybody please??

cant go out for fear of being overtaken by a micra.. :smt010

(one thing i noticed, the mixture screws are as follows; 1 1/2 turns for cylinders 1&2 and 2 1/2 for 3&4. putting them all to 2 1/2 turns made the engine very hard to start. so back to the first setting and she starts fine..probably nothing to do with the revving problem, just a strange observation..maybe makes 1&2 easier to fire?)
Try all possible methods then adopt the best one.
the-honk-bonk
My Bike: zxr 400 h2

Re: revving problems..

Post by the-honk-bonk »

ok problem sorted, a new set of plugs+ blocked off the acess holes for the airbox to carb bolts with duct tape- revvs up sweet.
Try all possible methods then adopt the best one.
razzcolio
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L1/VT750C2B/VT600

Re: revving problems..

Post by razzcolio »

that sounds random....what was the isue?