starting problem, pls help

Moderator: Moderators

zxr400l3

starting problem, pls help

Post by zxr400l3 »

some problems with the spark fire ... its missing ;) the bike is not myne, its my best friends bike, its not driven 2 years, and now we are trying to fire it. there were some bad connections, some broken wires, i cleaned all connections, and checked every wire for dents. Its all perfect now, but its still no fire from the plugs ... the coils get 12v~ on both connectors ... the red wire is 12v from the battery i think, the black and green are going in the igniter box ... when i remove the green and black from the coil, they are no voltage, when i conect them to the coils they get 12v ... i am not sure if its right both cables to have 12v ... i have 3 boxes, 2 M 1332 and 1 L 1331, 4 fuse boxes ... 2 pickup coils, i tried to change all them , to see if the problem will dissapear ... but its still there ;) how are the coils working with 12v on both connectors ...i measured the resistance of the pickup ... it was 520~ oms, but when i push the start button it moves a little bit, lets say 500-520 ... when the tooth is closer to the pickup its going to 500, when its not, its going to 520~ ... i think this difference is too small, but i have the same on my both pickup coils ... i am tryong for 4 days, and now i decided to write here for some help