Bike cutting out when slowing only

Moderator: Moderators

forensis
My Bike: 99 Kwak ZXR400N

Bike cutting out when slowing only

Post by forensis »

Hey everyone,
I have been checking this forum like crazy trying to figure out my ZXR400Ns problem but no one has had the same issue as me . The problem is that it keeps cutting out when I slow down(Not stop) :smt013 . It happened a lot the first time I drove it home(about 40-50km) and happened less the next day(60-70km). The second day when I was paying attention more to when it did it I was going about 60-70kph. I braked to slow down and it died. I hit the ignition and revved it slightly and it started right back up. Same thing happened with other slow downs. I am new to bikes and not really sure where to begin troubleshooting. As soon as it stops raining i'm probably going to take it in to the mechanic. Just trying to see if anyone had any ideas before I did.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Bike cutting out when slowing only

Post by RedexRobB »

Is the idle set properly? at 1350rpm?
forensis
My Bike: 99 Kwak ZXR400N

Re: Bike cutting out when slowing only

Post by forensis »

I did check the idle, and it is set to the correct rpms. The bike stoped giving me issues after riding a couple hundred km and a couple tanks of gas. My gas is whatever it was worked itself out. It had been turned on in the shop I got it from but probably hadn't been actually ridden in awhile. Thanks for the reply.