VIDS*over heating random cut out expansion tank over flowing

Moderator: Moderators

Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Re: VIDS*over heating random cut out expansion tank over flo

Post by Tirpitz »

So it was full of minging water. No wonder it was overheating shocking Glad you got an easy fix.

Keep your eye on the coolant pump over the next few months. There's a little hole underneath and if coolant leaks out of there it means the internal seals have gone - it's not repairable, new pump is £130-odd IIRC. Often if the system has been run with shite in it the seals perish. They sometimes keep going quite happily for a few hundred miles after a coolant change then suddenly fail, like it's the coolant change which precipitates the failure. Anyway, keep your eye on it as coolant on the back tyre isn't fun.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

chrism wrote:well i removed the coolant flushed the system through cleaned and inspected the water pump and freed up the thermostat which was sticky at first, refilled the system with some sexy clean coolant and 2 weeks in the temperature gauge stays below half and runs as smooth as a nut.
Excellent stuff, good thing we were in denial and tried the simple things first. As tirpitz said keep a careful eye on it.
chrism
My Bike: zxr400

Post by chrism »

ha cheers guys