revs

Moderator: Moderators

zxaaahhhhh
My Bike: tomos moped

revs

Post by zxaaahhhhh »

hi all, warmed her up today as to snowy to ride,let her get nice and hot but thing is if i only give her half throttle she builds up nice and tidy to 14500rpm then starts missing,but if i open the throttle fully she then starts missing at 8500rpm? any ideas hopefully it might just be a case of new plugs needed but thought id ask see if anybody else has had same problem,thanks
ps is there any easy way to count the teeth on back sprocket than pushing bike and counting them at same time as where bike is theres not much room to move,not being lazy honest
toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by toykaboy »

the number of teeth might be stamped on the sprocket its self, give it a clean with a degreaser of sumsort? and ive got a similar problem but whilst riding the bike!

rob
you bend it you buy it!
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Use tip ex to mark the tooth you started on

So many things why a bike can run funny but have you changed any thing since this has happend

I dont know if the road bike can get carb iceing or not its certainly cold enough just a thought

But same as (toykaboy) Rob check your coils and battery cant see it being a plug as i would think it would play up all the way through the rev range and at idle speed it would miss fire or play around

Good luck