crawling past 100?

Moderator: Moderators

JoeZXR
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400SP

crawling past 100?

Post by JoeZXR »

Iv only been riding a 4stroker for a week or two and I'm used to 2 strokes which are go fast then hit the top speed for your engine size and be stuck at that speed, now I'm guessing this is different too 4strokwa because they have alot more torque and pulling power.

Iv notices my bike will go like crap of a stick and will pull me too 100mph with some force, but once I get to the 100mph / 110mph mark the bike then feels like its maxed out and begin to "crawl" what I mean by thinks that it's looses all pulling power and just slowly gains speed and the revs go alot slower up the scale, after speaking to two of my fellow zxr 400 friends they also claimed there bikes loose all there buzz when theyly get to around 100mph....

Now this is where I'm confused, the previouse owner of my bike has had 145mph out of it but at this rate it seems I'd have to be doing wide open throttle on a 20 mile strip to gain those speeds and the same with my friends bikes

Is this just because the bikesare only 400cc and the capacity struggle past 100mph? Or do all zxr loose the will to live at higher speeds?
Any help will do lol cheers!
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Re: crawling past 100?

Post by R P Corse »

How many threads have you made asking the same question?

We've all given you pretty relative answers, if none of them have worked then the 145mph claim you have been clearly conned into buying a "fast bike"

My bike keeps pulling to about 115 and then it needs a good stretch to even get anywhere near the 130+ mark.

The rev range has a thing called peak power! After a certain amount of revs, it will stop pulling as hard.

What rev do you change gear at? Do you do it in all gears? If you short shift you won't use the full rev range.
R P Corse
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Post by R P Corse »

And regarding the peak power, being that your used to 2strokes, you know as well as I do that the power band generally starts at 8,000rpm finishes around the 10,000rpm mark... Go figure...
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Sounds to me like you and your friends have restricted bikes..................................plenty of info on that subject on this forum USE THE SEARCH

Given that you have made muliple posts all asking the same question and you have not heeded the suggestion to use the search and make an effort for yourself to discover the problem.................I'm locking this thread.