BIKE WILL NOT TRUN OVER !! HELP !!

Moderator: Moderators

ryancooper1988
My Bike: zxr 400

BIKE WILL NOT TRUN OVER !! HELP !!

Post by ryancooper1988 »

hello i striped my bike down completly and rebuilt it but im having problems fireing it up on the button it starts fine if i brase the starter soliniod just nothing at all of the button i do have a yellow and black wire near there i really dont no where that would go because to be honest when i striped it it had speaker wire on it? do you have a earth on the regulater or not? its oviously a earth wire its black and yellow but havent got clue where its goes all my lights and everything work sept start of the button would be very greatfull if someone could help me many thanks ryan
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: BIKE WILL NOT TRUN OVER !! HELP !!

Post by RedexRobB »

Ryan, ive split this topic because you have now made three posts on the same subject. Please stick to one post :)

Now, as for your problem, is the starter button working properly? The contacts could well be corroded and preventing a proper connection. Additionally, if your shorting the starter solenoid (i assume thats what brase means?) then it could well be a problem with the solenoid itself.
asandilands69
My Bike: ZXR400 SP / R1

Re: BIKE WILL NOT TRUN OVER !! HELP !!

Post by asandilands69 »

@ ryancooper1988 - how did you get on with your issue mate? I have today picked up a project H1 SP with exactly the same fault, it turns over as soon as you short the starter solenoid, but does nothing from the starter button itself. Not had chance to have a fiddle yet, but any pointers would be much appreciated. Apparently the fella I bought it off did try another solenoid, with no avail...perhaps another dodgey one?