Idling Issue

Moderator: Moderators

shanegericke
My Bike: zxr400

Idling Issue

Post by shanegericke »

Hi There

I have a zxr400 1998, I had significant holes in my manifold but rode the bike for a short period of time and there where no issues, replaced them last weekend, and now bikes not idling properly, wont idle above 1k, hangs around 700 at max, when riding there is no problem its just coming to a stop sometimes cuts out and if it doesnt idles really low, I have made sure bike warm and everything no difference, adjusted the idle screw so much it has actually come out but through the range there was no difference. any suggestion, obviously goto reatach the idle cable but any clues in what could make it be idling really low,

regards
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Idling Issue

Post by banner001 »

well the large volume of air entering through the holes, probably ment that the bike has been setup rich, i would try screwing all your pilot air screws 1/2 turn counterclockwise to introduce more air, and yes, get a cable fitted so you can adjust the idle setting...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
shanegericke
My Bike: zxr400

Re: Idling Issue

Post by shanegericke »

Thanks for the reply, yeah just stripped the bike and just attached the cable back and seems to be working fine now, i think the cable wasnt on properly and thats why when i was twisting it, wasnt effecting it as was not doing anything, but yeah all sorted and thanks for the info.