Pulsar problems - need Help!

Moderator: Moderators

Lucky Eddy
My Bike: zxr400L4

Pulsar problems - need Help!

Post by Lucky Eddy »

Hi guys, posted a while ago on a similar subject but have more information now and more questions than answers. Got a race tuned engine with adjustable cams and kit/ SP CDI. Blew my head gasket last meeting so swapping out the engines. Rather than change out the loom to suit the engine with a 1189 pulsar rotor, I decided to swap over the rotors. Easy job you may think..not! The rotor fitted to suit the race loom was 1222 and not the expected 1223!

After nearly destroying the rotor having to use stillsons to get it odd due to a rounded hex, I then noticed that the locating slot for the rotor had been bodged ie another slot had been added using a drill or similar. After much head scratching and comparing rotors I think I've figured out that this is indeed a bodged 1222 rotor modded to simulate a 1223.

Now the dilemma...I have found a Factory kaw-6-04 rotor with an almost identical profile to the 1223 rotor, slot looks in the correct position etc. however I've traced this to a zx600 and it gives a 4deg advance.

Sure the SP CDI requires 6deg advance to work? Can anyone confirm? Also any idea if 4 deg would work? :smt017

Might be a question for the Fatspanner guys as this is Rays engine recently refreshed by RMKD.

Anyone with a spare 1223 please let me know :smt003