Unbelievable :-(

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Unbelievable :-(

Post by KwakKwak »

[quote="banner001"]cant be :smt007 cargo :smt007 , he only posts 100% accurate, undeniably stimulating, genuinely helpful posts.quote]

This is what I've been saying, good to know you've seen the light :pmsl

Agreed on the replying point, seems we're talking to ourselves.

As for the sarcasim thing, must be an Irish trait, we have to balance out our sheer bloody brilliance somehow.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Is the Irish brilliance genetic? And banner, the pilots do move on to the needles but incorrect float height can have an effect as the pilot to needle transfer has the floats overlap, and 3rd agree with the replying, also im not a fan off the known good parts method as you can sometimes spend hours searching through only to find it was a part you thought was good gone bad, learnt that the hard way, personally fan of process of elimination starting from the beginning but each to their own
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

[quote="banner001"]a few people on here have offered credible solutions

Read through this again, every solution here is credible.

Surely before putting the bike on a dyno, a decent mechanic, or someone who knows these bikes could get the bikes fuel system in the ballpark, so to speak. Mine ran like toad, 110 jets, needle raised 1 washer, before putting it on a dyno I've tried two set ups, the second works almost perfect, incidentally it's the set up Kawasaki used in the factory, strange that. I intend to get the bike on a dyno now for reassurance and fine tuning.
I just think if a bike is running really badly you should be able to improve it before taking it to a dyno, no?
My point still stands, does he trust the mechanic/s, what set up have they given his carbs, if they've changed them at all that is.

And yes Ross, I reckon the Irish brilliance is genetic, to a man/woman we're all feckin' perfect. biggrin
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

WAHEY! All my family is Irish so that explains it :excited and you can get a bike pretty decent with no dyno, ive never taken it and its fine, i think what banner was trying to say is if he sticks it on the dyno it will tell him their and then as some people find it difficult to feel the fuelling problems as its something that comes with experience, just a quick simple way and its done there and then
Skins62
My Bike: Zxr400l

Post by Skins62 »

Sorry fellas ,didn't tick the reply notification box :smt010
What I can't understand ,is rossendale kawasaki have been there for as long as I can remember ,and so has the mechanic !
It's running great for an hour the goes back to running like a bag of shite !
I do trust him that he has replaced the parts he says he has ,don't want to sound nieve but he has shown me the faulty ones
Not been dynoed yet ,
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

ross46 wrote:WAHEY! All my family is Irish so that explains it :excited and you can get a bike pretty decent with no dyno, ive never taken it and its fine, i think what banner was trying to say is if he sticks it on the dyno it will tell him their and then as some people find it difficult to feel the fuelling problems as its something that comes with experience, just a quick simple way and its done there and then
What if you are the exception that proves the rule :tease , in fact bollox, what if i'm the exception that proves the rule.
And yes I get what banner is saying, but if say it ain't a fuelling issue and his mechanic has set up the carbs correctly, (if we ever get a reply), then cargo's pick up wiring suggestion would be something easily missed, and it's so easy to check.
Of course there is every possibility it is none of the above, and we all look like tits, we may never know, it looks like a nice bike too, and worth the effort.

I'm off for a diazapam now, just had my back re cracked again, top half this time, right arm and hand going numb, no inuendo please.
Skins62

Post by Skins62 »

Haha I feel your pain (or not as the case may be ) my wife have fractured her spine twice :-(
I initially took the bike to a local garage to fix the problem of spluttering under 4000 rpm and an mot ,all he did was mot the bike and realised the rubber clamps on the carbs and clamps were shocking so replaced them and presumed it was right ,but in fact this made things 10 times worse and the problems of cutting out and running completely shite all the time ,on to the kawasaki main dealer mechanic it went ,he suggested let's replace the plugs and battery as the amps weren't holding .this did not cure the problem ,so replaced the rectifier and total stripped cleaned balanced the carbs including full replacement carb kit jets needles etc etc ,replaced the petrol tap as well ,found a small wiring fault which cause the fan not to work so fixed this ,
And I think that is where we are ,according to him it runs well for a time and then goes back to running shite ,
Maybe some wiring elsewhere ? But would it not always be shite right from start ?
Thanks fellas
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

did you read my first contribution to this thread ?
Skins62

Post by Skins62 »

Yes pal going to feed this to him to check it thanks
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Feel the back pain, todays a bad day, codeine, tramadol, diazepam, gabapentin then had to move to morphine, all of my lower back has gone into spasm. But to the bike problem, has the mechanic set up the carbs? If not im thinking (and may very well be wrong, food for thought) could something like the head gasket be gone meaning when the bike gets up to temperature the expansion of the metal causes a worse leak, check cargos suggestion first though, we dont always get on but i will always agree he knows his stuff. Check cargos suggestion, try carb set up (dyno). Then I would look towards what temperature the bike starts to go tits up, could it be a cooling problem changing the fuelling (differing densities) or could it be something as simple as the fuel pump isn't working correctly? Filling the bowls then they're emptying and not filling properly, could try connecting the fuel pipe directly to the carbs
Skins62

Post by Skins62 »

toad pal my wife is on all them plus fentinol patches I sympathise with you I really do ,the bike is running perfect temp and yes totally balanced all the carbs so maybe try the wiring ,but that's a needle in a haystack thing isn't it ,and I'm quickly running out of money :smt010
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Skins62 wrote:It's running great for an hour the goes back to running like a bag of shite !
I do trust him that he has replaced the parts he says he has ,don't want to sound nieve but he has shown me the faulty ones
Maybe you're riding it well for an hour, then you're turning into a bag of shite :pmsl

Glad you trust the mechanic, send him my apologies, sounds more and more like cargo's pick up wiring idea, bets anyone?

Hope you get her sorted soon, sounds like you're in too far now to flog it, in pounds spent on parts vs miles on the bike, mine owes me big time, in hours spent in the garage vs hours spent riding ditto, but once you get her running sweet, defo worth it, went out on mine with back killing me, right arm and hand going numb and I still bloody loved it.

Keep us in the picture.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Oh yeah add in buprenorphine patches, and with all this im still in pain, and it sounds like something to do with heat to me, get your bike back and check yourself, then its easier for us to help you and cheaper aswell! And kwakkwak (dont know real name) know the feeling, but somehow the zxr dulls pain for long enough to have fun, and to your previous post my little size 6 32D gymnastic horseriding girlfriend shows its genetic... And its still a difficult choice of which to ride :pmsl she sees this and my right hand will be numb!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

size 6 32D...........................just my type
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

ross46 wrote:Oh yeah add in buprenorphine patches, and with all this im still in pain, and it sounds like something to do with heat to me, get your bike back and check yourself, then its easier for us to help you and cheaper aswell! And kwakkwak (dont know real name) know the feeling, but somehow the zxr dulls pain for long enough to have fun, and to your previous post my little size 6 32D gymnastic horseriding girlfriend shows its genetic... And its still a difficult choice of which to ride :pmsl she sees this and my right hand will be numb!
My real name is Kwakkwak, my parents are from Japan, they own a company called Kawasaki, if only, (Stu)
It's strange how the ZXR throttle can numb pain isn't it.
If your better half reads this back pain will be the least of your problems :smt075