Rs 125 flat spot

Moderator: Moderators

Vaughn
My Bike: Zxr400

Rs 125 flat spot

Post by Vaughn »

Just done about 20 miles on my rs 125 on a mission trying to find a copy of gta but had no success.

On my way home on the dual carriageway I was in 6th gear and creeping up to 8000rpm.
At the point the power valve was meant to open (8k) it just slowed down as if someone had hold of the back of the bike. It was a little unnerving so I slowed down. My first thought was the pv must be stuck.
At the next roundabout I slowed right down and then nailed it through the gears.
Power valve opened at 8k every gear and it took off, then again into 6th and it happened again as if someone was pulling me back so I slowed again but I'm pretty sure it happened again then under 8k although I wasn't looking at the rev counter and not sure how quick I was going at the time.

So next roundabout slowed me down and again, went through the gears getting the valve open with no troubles then into 6th, 8k, flat spot but this time I kept the throttle pinned open and eventually after a few seconds she did take off again and pulled right through.

I thought the engine was going to seize but I reckon she just needs a bit of tlc, might take a look tomorrow if I get time.
Something's definitely not right though.
Even when I parked her up she smelt hotter than normal but it's not every day she gets a big blast like that, poor little girl
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: Rs 125 flat spot

Post by ross46 »

Mine used to do that when I was racing people, high revs it would just slow down and then go again, I used to roll off then back on and it went, never put my finger on the problem though, just give her a look over and check everything is going as it should
Vaughn

Post by Vaughn »

It's a horrible feeling isn't it, well the first time it happens anyway.
Haven't had a chance to check it out yet gta 5 has taken priority.
Really need to fix my front brake as well lol, probably just needs bleeding, the lever touches the bar all the time now lol
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Sit trapped in master cylinder possibly, and yeah, I used to just roll off and back on
Vaughn

Post by Vaughn »

Sorry only just noticed you posted.
Turns out the master cylinder seals have gone and it leaks every time you pull the lever in.
Got some new seals just haven't had time to fit them yet