Carb problem....maybe

Moderator: Moderators

Black_onyx
My Bike: ZXR400 L

Carb problem....maybe

Post by Black_onyx »

Hi guys,i have a small problem with my carbs i do believe!

When i start my bike when its warm the revs will go up to 4k and drop slowly,also when revving the bike i hear a whooshing noise coming from the carbs,ive recently had them balanced,cleaned and an airleak fixed,im thinking that this new problem might well be the diaphragm but im not sure!

When running the bike feels fine,pulls hard and no issues really,generally just the issue of the revs not dropping instantly like they should!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Carb problem....maybe

Post by RedexRobB »

What air leak did u have fixed?

Typically the revs hang like that because of an air leak at the inlet rubbers. Make sure clamps are tight and no leak between the rubber and the engine block. You can spray a bit of carb cleaner round the rubbrrs with the bike running. If the revs rise then theres a leak.

If you suspect the diapragms they are an easy job to take out and check over.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

RedexRobB wrote:
Typically the revs hang like that because of an air leak at the inlet rubbers. Make sure clamps are tight and no leak between the rubber and the engine block. You can spray a bit of carb cleaner round the rubbrrs with the bike running. If the revs rise then theres a leak.

How many times have you typed that sentence Rob or something very like it ?

I used the search facility and guess what I got an answer to that question................I reckon that by the end of the week you'll have passed the 300 mark
Black_onyx
My Bike: ZXR400 L

Post by Black_onyx »

i had all inlet rubbers replaced,so must be something to do with the diaphragm,and your right i did use thesearch engine and not one post described my bikes symptom of whooshing :smt003
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

cargo wrote:
RedexRobB wrote:

I used the search facility and guess what I got an answer to that question................I reckon that by the end of the week you'll have passed the 300 mark
Guilty :smt012 and he linked me a lovely little vid too :smt023 My problem was something else though, me.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

cargo wrote:
RedexRobB wrote:

That explains the sense of de ja vu when i type it.