Heating problems

Moderator: Moderators

2wheeledninja
My Bike: Zxr 400

Heating problems

Post by 2wheeledninja »

Hi I was out on my bike earlier today and as soon as the temperature reached halfway the bike died after running spot on and wouldn't start I had to let it cool down for 10mins and then it started as if nothing happened but as soon as it's back up to the midway point it wouldn't idle and cut out once again.
Thank you for any replies :D
kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Re: Heating problems

Post by kawazonkey »

Might sound daft but have you tried disconnecting the temp gauge? See if it's an electrical problem.
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Post by GibboN »

It not starting might just be a hot start problem. Cutting out when the temperature gets up though is definitely weird.
I don't think the bike will have a cut-out built into the thermostat.

Maybe stick it on a paddock and see if you have any fuel leaks when it gets up to temperature?
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Does the fan come on? On mine fan comes on at exactly halfway, could be that its shorting through the fan
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

There is no direct relationship between the bike running warm or hot and the ignitions ability to provide sparks.

You could start a bike and disconnect the fan and leave it there running until it boiled dry and exploded.................oh perhaps then there might be an ignition fault

I would guess a fuel issue maybe a breather issue or fuel pipe kinked. Maybe even dirty fuel filter or could even be fuel pump not working.................but I very much doubt if it's an ignition problem

Further information needed
2wheeledninja
My Bike: Zxr 400

Post by 2wheeledninja »

Thanks for the replys and suggestions im going to check all breather pipes and fuel lines
ive been told that it could also be a water pump failure, could it just need a full service im not sure if its a new problem or one that was With the bike when I brought it, everytime I fix a problem a new one pops up
Thanks brad