Starting problems

Moderator: Moderators

T3TKG
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Starting problems

Post by T3TKG »

Hi. My zxr 400 is experiencing start up problems. Since I have owned the bike it's been perfectly fine and starts on the button normally.
I started it this afternoon with a little choke and it was fine, but after a few minutes the revs dropped off and I since then I haven't been able to start it since! At first I thought I'd just run out of fuel as it was right on the bottom but after fueling up its still not to start up. The battery is new last year but I have put it on charge anyway this evening.
What I would add it has been sat outside under cover through during all this poor weather and but last week I rode it with no problems.
I can't think it would be someone major but any help would be good before I start taking it to bits!
Cheers
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Starting problems

Post by Mori Man »

Check your electrical connections haven't gone furry , new plugs and fresh re-charge on battery should do the trick.

Once you've got the battery in and it's still not doing it just check it's producing sparks - ground a plug out on the head and have a look while turning the bike over.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly