Garage floor for big girls.

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Garage floor for big girls.

Post by KwakKwak »

Has anyone fitted those easi mat interlocking tiles to their workshop/garage floor, seen them on Amazon, the better quality ones seem to get decent praise. Wondering if they will lift and generally be a pain in the ar5e. Need to support a bike, obviously, and a car, and of course a bloke with many many aches :smt012
My floor is a tad uneven and would really benefit from a levelling screed or tiles, but this would require too many hours of clearing stuff out to the other garage I don't have.
Or if some smartarse has came up with another clever solution do please share.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Garage floor for big girls.

Post by cargo »

Carpets tiles........................got them from the skip at work :smt023
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Are they yellow per chance :pmsl

Pattern and wool content would be critical, a nice 80 20 templeton twist perhaps, and good underlay, this may work, heater, cd player, insulated door and ceiling when I can be arsed. vacuuming it might be tiresome, not that I ever vacuum the concrete floor, that would be barmy :smt120
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

I used the old carpet from my front room..... it was green :D
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

i wear work trousers with knee pads in, guy i used to work for bought me them as he broke his kneecap aswell, if i can kneel down on my knee with these on then im sure you will be fine. if not the carpet idea is good
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

ross46 wrote:i wear work trousers with knee pads in
No fookin' use when one's lying on ones back :pmsl I like to lounge for the awkward bits.

Loving this colour coded carpet theme though, ZXR/Home furnishings world, it's the next logical step.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

colour choices in the skip were limited.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Another possibility would be tiles with good earthing qualities, for safe electrical repairs, these of course I will never benefit from, but cargo will bloody love 'em.

Note to self - remember before a spiked start plug the bloody cdi in, to lure warm air from the heater plug it in and finally when a kindly soul is about to perform a life threatening act of electrical starting wizardry do not hand him a big lump of uninsulated metal, the resulting death will defo negate any further electrical repairs on your bike.

Off to carpetworld soon :excited
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

i got some carpet from a house clearance that has covered almost all of my garage floor, i also managed to get hold of an old rug to cover the last 20% of the floor, defo makes it warmer and its a lot better to kneel on than cold hard concrete.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

Back in the days before I had my motorhome to go racing on the IOM we used to stay in a big tent. One of the first tasks upon arrival on the IOM was to visit a local IOM carpet store and recover a large piece of carpet for the floor of the tent from the skip. It was lovely getting up for early morning practice on the IOM and stepping out of bed onto a carpeted floor.

Now days of course the motorhome with build in garage for the bikes has a heavy shag pile carpet throughout.

We use heavy duty interlinking plastic tiling for the awning floor and then more shag pile on top on that.

Us IOM racers like a lot of shagging you know its good for the pre IOM race nerves
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

banner001 wrote:i got some carpet from a house clearance that has covered almost all of my garage floor, i also managed to get hold of an old rug to cover the last 20% of the floor, defo makes it warmer and its a lot better to kneel on than cold hard concrete.
I have an old rug but I use it for my tools and the bodywork, must be love. Is there anyone on ZXR World who isn't spending their days finding old carpet??
cargo wrote:Us IOM racers like a lot of shagging you know its good for the pre IOM race nerves
Yeeeeeeeeessssssssssss, get in there, I had resisted the shag reference and was waiting to see who would go for it :pmsl IOM racers and hitmen shagging out the nerves, there is a road racing hitman lubricant joke in here somewhere.

I also think that interlocking tiling for the awning floor is the product I was considering, any good??
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

KwakKwak wrote:
I also think that interlocking tiling for the awning floor is the product I was considering, any good??

Take your choice and pay your dosh

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=awning+floo ... s&tbm=shop

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40

Truth is I use old vinyl advertising banners ( no pun intended) for the floor of my awning when I'm racing on the IOM and at many other race meeting too.
Also skip rescued
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

:smt023 This skip sounds tremendous. List of requirements pm'ed :smt002

I'm considering getting an interior designer in, shabby chic, or New York loft, endless possibilities, IOM motorhome even.
cargo wrote:Us IOM racers like a lot of shagging you know its good for the pre IOM race nerves
That offer to join you at the Manx, FOOK OFF. :pmsl