Bike has been sitting

Moderator: Moderators

snoman

Bike has been sitting

Post by snoman »

Hey guys,

I have just been handed down the one toy that my brother would never let me touch, his ZXR400 and i cant wait to ride it. The only catch is that he has been overseas for a year and a half and the bike has been on blocks, but with a half tank of gas and full of oil and parked in the Hay Shed the whole time.
Have never been in this situation so please would somebody be able to give me some advice on if i need to do anything to it before i run it or i can i jump on it tomorrow and go for a trash.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Geoff
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i would certainly say if its been stood for a year and half if you can jump on it fire it up and take it for a blast you will be lucky, firstly the fuel would have gone off and mucked all the carbs up so there's your first job.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
snoman

Post by snoman »

True, bugger. Looks like i'll be getting a bit dirty this weekend then.
Cheers for the comment.
Any others anybody thinks i should know please dont hesitate.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

there's a good chance your clutch may have seized up too, might need a little effort of a bump start to free off, check the chains lubed ok and not seized, also brakes working ok.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.