Service on new bike.

Moderator: Moderators

sparkymark567

Service on new bike.

Post by sparkymark567 »

Hello, everyone.
I recently bought a ZXR400 L9. It has less than 8000 miles but no service history.
It sounds ok, was very dirty (1cm of grease inside the fairing). I have so far been very busy cleaning and servicing.

- The battery is OK, the tyres are fine.
- I have changed the oil and spark plugs.
- I am stripping the front calipers (as the brakes were not that good). I will replace the dust seals, pads and fluid.
- The chain definitely needs adjusting.
- I also need to sort out the air filter.

Do I need to check/service anything else on my bike? I would like to have it running nicely ready for the spring.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Service on new bike.

Post by masterofinsanity »

have a look in the manuals mate they are on this site if you get stuck, it will tell you in there what to look for, did it come with a handbook? as i think it has a service schedule in the handbook too?

have you checked out how much the caliper seals are? :smt005
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
sparkymark567

Post by sparkymark567 »

The seals for the brake calipers were expensive. The dust seals alone were £36 for 8......which did make my eyes water at the time. My Kawasaki dealer told me that I should be able to re-use the piston seals, so we'll see.

Unfortunatey there is no hand book, I will search around for the service schedule.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.