ZXR400 OC's Dyno Shoot out

Who's zxr400 is kicking out the most BHP? show off your mods and your dyno printouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

ZXR400 OC's Dyno Shoot out

Post by Mori Man »

Come on folks - don't be shy !

The aim of this section is to help others better decide what to do to their standards bike in a tried and tested fashion.

Most of us know that replacing the OEM exhaust system for something else and jetting accordingly will yield more power - but what ?

So if you've done this mod how about a power chart showing us what it's done. The numbers will always create debate but power curves and air fuel are what's needed for an accurate way to go on moding your engine.

What gains from pod filters ?

What did SP cam's do ?

Having your ports polished, piston crowns and valves done ?

Crank knife edged and polished ?

Re-bore ?

FCR's ?

Or even as simple a thing as removing the base gasket.

Planning to get my bike done next month so I will detail it like this:

ZXR400H2 engine standard
BEET 4-1 Ti system with header balance pipes and K-Factory Moto-GP can
ZXR400SP M3 FCR carb's - 33mm onto 40mm stubs using 50mm trumpets
ZXR400H1 OEM chain
17 T Fr. Sprocket
43 T Rr. Sprocket
OEM H2 CDI & Pulsar

This is going to be my base run for when I start changing things about - once the fettling has been done on the carb's I'll post up what the

Main Jet #
Pilot/Slow jet #
Main Air jet#
Needle#
Washer position
Air screw position
(Accelerator pump if changed)

So dig out those old sheets, remember what was done and lets build a chart :smt001
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
mick41zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400sp

Re: ZXR400 OC's Dyno Shoot out

Post by mick41zxr »

What correction factors & smoothing are you specifying, assuming you are going dynojet.
Regards,
MB
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

mick41zxr wrote:What correction factors & smoothing are you specifying, assuming you are going dynojet.
Regards,
MB
Not sure until I get to the place and see what's what - my figures will also be in PS unless they can easily swap to show BHP.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
mick41zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by mick41zxr »

Most dyno's will be able to output in most recognisable scales. Most common DJ would be Hp with SAE std correction & smoothing factor 5.
Regards,
MB
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

Post by tobomoto »

i had mine dynoed a few years ago and it was about 58 bhp i think but it was running like a bag of toad, blowing exhaust, head gasket gone ect. since then ive had it ported, polished, gas flowed, skimmed head, k&n air filter, micron exhaust pipes, fuel stubby can. i want to get a dynojet kit fitted and then ill stick it on a dyno again to see what its doing, just out of curiousity really.
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

i'll scan some of mine if i can find them ..

2 of my H1 racebike,

beet system + other various stuff, in the 65ish @ the wheel area

our old ZX-4, mostly stock ZXR-H stuff on it 62ish ..
Last edited by zimm on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Post by extonyg »

got my L1 dyno'd otherday........standard engine and airbox, 4-1 downpipes and ART can with dynojet needles made 57.54 bhp and 24.16 ft/lbs but reading was all over the place so taking back to them to get setup properly hopefully make the 60 bhp mark.
mick41zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by mick41zxr »

Ok first in with an actual graph.
First run is std L1 with a 32mm 4-2-1 exhaust.
Second curve is Race bike with kit exhaust, kit airbox, FCR's, 30mm stacks, lightly ported head, no base gasket & SP cams dialled in.
Regards,
MB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

img016.jpg
my H1 racebike, pretty stock.. no base gasket, stock needles, stock airbox, #105 main jets, Beet Ti 4-1 (road legal can)
was running way rich on the first run and only made 57bhp, dyno operator removed the snorkel and reduced the hole in the airbox with gaffa tape .. which gave the best run on the graph... didnt really feel nice to ride though
img014.jpg
just to prove that bolt on's dont make much difference, this is my racebike again.. same as above plus SP cams (not dialled in), ignitech ignition, dynojet needles and a modified intake snorkel. Lots nicer to ride, and holds onto the power better at the topend.. didnt really make any more power (peak) but it was a different dyno.

My racebike engine was a 30,000 mile H1 lump, nothing special so i figure its pretty good power .. especially considering all the bent valves I pulled out of the head the day after the last dyno run.

have more goodies to throw at it.. will upload a new graph once its been built and run up.

img015.jpg
Emma's ZX-4.. 32mm carbs off a zxr with #100 main jets, zxr H1 airbox, no base gasket, delkevic 4-2-1 exhaust with unbranded stainless race can (V loud),
mixtures way off on the graph, fitted smaller jets when i got it back and its a lot smoother now.. still, not bad for 60,000 miles +
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zimm on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i think the plan of this section is for everyone to start their own topics with a copy of their dyno sheet and a list of mods done to the bikes?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Post by extonyg »

my dyno prinout......L1 standard engine, standard airbox, dyno jet needles, 4-1 downpipes and ART can
booked in to have some work done next week so hopefully its better after
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

rickyb
My Bike: GSXR600K6

Post by rickyb »

MY 2006 BIKE I BUILT THAT WON ME THE NG ROAD RACING F400 AND OVERALL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS MADE 78BHP AND 31FT LBS TORQUE.
BEET EXHAUST, FLATSLIDES, PORTED AND SP CAMS.

ITS NOW MAKING 81.5 BHP AND HAS MY OWN EX CAM PROFILE AND A NEW INTAKE PORT DESIGN, I WILL ASK THE NEW OWNER IF I CAN POST HIS DYNO CHART.

ALSO, HOW DO POST AN IMAGE, ITS IN THE MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER ON MY COMPUTER AT THE MOMENT.

RICH
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

rickyb wrote:ALSO, HOW DO POST AN IMAGE, ITS IN THE MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER ON MY COMPUTER AT THE MOMENT.

RICH
Thsi should help you out :)

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1184