Moderator: Moderators

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

looking for some zxr400s for a mag feature

Post by masterofinsanity »

c'mon we need someone to represent zxrworld ! zx400s wanted too

for full info see here ..................

http://www.400greybike.com/forum/viewto ... 44b42c439f

post your details in this forum http://www.400greybike.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=72
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: looking for some zxr400s for a mag feature

Post by zimm »

I'm going

just need to decide which bike to take

H1 roadbike
H1 racebike
ZX-4 racebike
ZX-4/ZXR
ZXR/ZX6

:smt017

and thanks for the heads-up Baz, wouldnt have known about it otherwise, haven't been on 400gb for ages
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

you did spring to mind actually mate , take all of them :-)
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

make sure if you are interested to post your details on the forum link above
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

oh thats tempting...and only round the corner...might just tell the missus im going to work for a few hours and nip up the motorway instead :smt002 ...like a ninja should...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
petchickens
My Bike: 1994 zx4r

Post by petchickens »

when have the bikes got to be in ? and will it mind if my bike had digital clocks (too used to them as thought id stick with um )
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

its a security entrance, so you need to sign up at 400grey bike, submit your details and see if they will take you...they have accepted me so thats good :D
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
bruce
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by bruce »

Hi chaps, i would just to add here, this is not a track day nor is it an open free for all day to wreak havoc either, but it is a closed private location where we can have some fun and get some good pictures of our beloved 400's and set the record straight on all these re-hashed facts and figures we keep reading about our bikes. The datalogger will prove how fast our bikes really are.

Details on entry will be announced a few days before.

Bruntingthorpe has a noise limit, and as such anything that would fail your average track day will not get a chance to run with a data logger down the runway - so bear that in mind.
Been asked about clothing, and while at the moment there are no restrictions as such, i think common sense should prevail and a decent set of leathers at least same as track day gear should be worn - however if you feel confident riding flat out down the 2 mile runway in a T shirt and short and flip flops (ah sorry this isn't the gixxer forum is it) and the chain snaps or your tyre blows - well i can leave you to imagine the rest.

We are looking for lots of different makes and models of import 400's and owners will be interviewed (compiling the questions now) and a photo of them and the bike, then a some collective group riding shots, action and static. and it should be a good laugh with around 20 - 30 owners there for the day to have a laugh regardless of the weather.

I have been there before and some of my bikes were used for a HRC feature in feb 2012's edition, we had a good day even in the cold december air. The runway is massive if you have never been before, surface is pretty poor, lots of overbanding, and at the end of the runway very rippled and even broken up in parts. Lets be honest, my RC was flat out long before the half way mark, so i think the 400's should be able to get flat out, stop and get flat out again long before the runway runs out.

Anyway, thanks to the site admin for his help, and thanks to you guys for the interest and look forward to meeting a few of you chaps on the day.
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

Why is everything happening while I'm out of the country this year? :smt013

I would have gone to this but I'm in Austria :smt009
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

Post by tobomoto »

id love to go to this but i dont think mine will be legal in time. neh. do they have to be imports though?
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

tobomoto wrote:do they have to be imports though?
Is that a problem? Do you have a British 400 you were thinking of running? :smt017

All Japanese bikes are 'imports'. They are made in Japan and imported to the UK - geddit? :smt002
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
bruce
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by bruce »

One of my NC30's which i will be taking is a K plate UK spec bike so while the day is aimed at 400's most for sure will be imports - albeit Kawasaki sold more UK spec ZXR's than all the other makes / models
If you want to get an invite, follow the instructions as per original post.
We need around 20 - 25 bikes all told, so we will pick and invite the ones who are most likely to actually turn up and be suitable for the feature - more the merrier :excited

i know many have already posted, but as always with these things you can count on 50% not turning up with a whole list of excuses
dangerfield
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Post by dangerfield »

I would definitely have done this but i'm back in work next week after having the summer off vsad
petchickens
My Bike: 1994 zx4r

Post by petchickens »

as i live a few miles away can i come but not enter my ''shed'' just too see other bikes and talk about all things motorcycles
"good" is a matter of opinion...its a 90's bike...styling is purely up to you, but its a nice bike, dont make it look like some wannabe-toad-looking-need-for-speed-ricer-pile-of-crap...
Danman109
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9 2001

Post by Danman109 »

arrgghhh.. too bad :( the Hopkins gp replica is off the road at the moment, concentrating on racing at the moment.. its partially stripped down ready to be spares should i bend the race bike badly!(Dont worry it'll all go back on after im done racing (or i get more funds!) wish i could enter it though!
ZXR 400 L9 race bike
ZXR 400 L2 Hopkins GP replica.