Hello from north of the border

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

141n

Hello from north of the border

Post by 141n »

Hey all, just found this site last night, thought I'd sign up to the forum and introduce myself. :smt006

Haven't bought myself a ZXR yet, but will do as soon as I pass my test - gonna have to do the restricted license (gutting! 'cos I'm only 18 :smt010 ) Anyway, can't wait to get rid of my current bike (Honda Shadow VT125 - nice bike, but cruiser, and slow, and tiny, and slow, and did I mention slow?) and jump on a ZXR - booking theory test for big bike license on saturday so one step further to getting it!

Anyway, I'm off to drool over some more photos and ebay listings :smt003
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Re: Hello from north of the border

Post by superman »

how do m8 yea the ZXR is quick, heres a link to the gallery with loads of photos i found this interesting when i was deciding what bike to buy, thats if you aint already looked :smt003

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/coppermine/th ... hp?album=1
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
141n

Post by 141n »

Heh, yeah - way ahead of you mate, had been looking over those the other night when I found this site :smt003 . I'm loving this colour scheme, can anybody tell me what year it is? http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/coppermine/di ... =1&pos=128

Been reading over some of the stat-sheets on wikipedia, etc, aswell - been reading anything and everything on the net about these bikes the last few days (was trying do decide upon a first 'big bike' and was close run between ZXR 400 and ZZR 600 - the £40 a month insurance for ZXR400 helped alot, lol) - just can't wait to get my @$$ on one now, lol
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

The blue/white/green colourschemes ran for most of the production life of the ZXR400. I'd guess somewhere around 1994-96 for that particular variation on the theme.

but someone will be along in a minute who actually owns one of them in that scheme.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to the forum, you made a good choice! the zzr600 is completely different to the zxr400, you can throw the zxr400 around more. :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.