hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

BANJO
My Bike: ZX4R NINJA

Re: hello

Post by BANJO »

Yeah i had to change my pants when i got back home :smt005 Went out on her again today and i managed to hold back and not open her up and it was a much more enjoyable ride. Washed and polished her today. will post pics in free for all
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

i was the same the first time i got on my old 400 (came from a 50cc ped to a 400, was a little jump lol!)

first time i went out i just gave her fist loads and scared myself silly, started to wonder if id made a mistake getting such a big bike strate away. But second day out i took it slow and carfull and loved every second after a month or so i started to ride quicker and quicker and got used to her

then i got the 750 what scared me crapless all over again :smt003
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Post by tng21 »

BANJO wrote:Yeah i had to change my pants when i got back home :smt005 Went out on her again today and i managed to hold back and not open her up and it was a much more enjoyable ride. Washed and polished her today. will post pics in free for all

pmsl. Ive never had a bike at all so jumping on the 400 for the first time was really nerve racking. Specially when the revs get up high, i accelerate till my ars twitches then let off the accelerator, darent take it up to max yet.

what is max revs on these things anyway, ive took it to about 10k so far but darent go any higher lol
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

they love to be thraped 14,000 is the read line iirc

if you havent gone over 10,000 yet you havent felt the true power, it goes to another level affter 10,000 ;)
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
BANJO

Post by BANJO »

Yeah this is my 1st bike as well. f**k me more power 10,000k can't wait. But i will have to get some nappies 1st

banjo :smt035
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

You will be surprised how quickly you get used to the extra power to be fair, give yourself 3 months of regular riding an the bike will be normal, i can get to 80 now an it feels like im doin 30 or 40
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

superman wrote: i can get to 80 now an it feels like im doin 30 or 40
when i get to 80 i have to remember to put it into 2nd gear :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

masterofinsanity wrote:
superman wrote: i can get to 80 now an it feels like im doin 30 or 40
when i get to 80 i have to remember to put it into 2nd gear :smt003
haha was just about to say the same :smt005
ZXR750 L1

BikePics page-
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Whats your age got to do with changing gear? :smt017

:smt016
CarneyUK

Post by CarneyUK »

As all the peeps have said, you'll get used to the power. I was restricted for two years and it got really annoying after only a couple of months. It's worse when you know you can have extra power, but have only got 33bhp.

As soon as the restrictors came off it took a few ride outs and I was hitting the red line. I actually found it safer as I had more power on overtakes if I needed it, whereas if I miss timed an overtake with the restrictors in then it was F%$king scary trying to get back behind the vehicle you were overtaking. Makes you look a twat aswell when Corsa boy racers beat you off the line after about 40mph!!!!! Have raced a Lotus, Elise I think? (the small soft top ones) since the restrictors came out and pissed all over him!!!! :smt003
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

I dont know these 400's arent so fast when they get goin i say.... i let some TDi golf overtake me last week i was doin say 45 he was doin 55 an i couldnt catch him up right away thats really put me off the 400 in terms of power now an i love the power really wana upgrade but gota wait for the insurance thinkin of the ZX6R or 636 but now i like them Orange baby blades lmoa :smt005

as for the 80 in first :smt074 ill get there one day!!!!!! (maybe) :smt003
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

you couldent have been riding in the right gear for instant response, even 1000cc wont respond instantly from any revs
ZXR750 L1

BikePics page-
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Well i dropped it down to 3rd so i should have had instant shabang im doubting my bike would beat my car from 50 up i think but its the 0 to 60 that kills most cars on the road from any bike i think :smt003
BANJO

Post by BANJO »

got to get my licence 1st
CarneyUK

Post by CarneyUK »

superman wrote:I dont know these 400's arent so fast when they get goin i say.... i let some TDi golf overtake me last week i was doin say 45 he was doin 55 an i couldnt catch him up right away thats really put me off the 400 in terms of power now an i love the power really wana upgrade but gota wait for the insurance thinkin of the ZX6R or 636 but now i like them Orange baby blades lmoa :smt005

as for the 80 in first :smt074 ill get there one day!!!!!! (maybe) :smt003

Well i dropped it down to 3rd so i should have had instant shabang im doubting my bike would beat my car from 50 up i think but its the 0 to 60 that kills most cars on the road from any bike i think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84DB1zqBtU

This is a ZXR400 doing 0-180kph, (about 120mph) in about 9 secs....50mph to 120mph is quick enough for me but you gotta have it 10,000rpm at 50mph then wack it up!!! :smt003

Found this aswell....

Stock 2002 TDI GL Specifications:

1.9 L, 4-cylinder, in-line, turbocharged, direct injection, diesel fueled

90 horsepower @ 3750 RPM; 155 lbs-ft torque @ 1900 RPM

0-60 in 12 seconds

42 miles per gallon city driving...49 miles per gallon highway

14.5 gallon fuel tank

So I would be doing 120mph 3 seconds before he got to 60!! :smt006