Hello......Better late than never.

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Randle
My Bike: zx7r

Hello......Better late than never.

Post by Randle »

I thought I better officially say hello, seeing as I have been posting in the engine and transmission section all week.

I am based in the middle of the UK, near Nottingham.
My biking history is that I did not touch a motorcycle until I was 19, but by age 20 I was a full time dispatch rider, based in Nottingham.
I did that job in the early 90's, (before speed cameras, remember that time?, when petrol was 56p a litre - I found some old receipts a while ago!) on a Yamaha TZR250.
Not a classic despatch riders bike, but lots of fun, and a couple of Kawasakis too actually.
I did that job for a year and a half, until I decided it was time I stopped paying to go to work! The job didn't pay enough to cover insurance, petrol, crash repairs etc..
I think I got out when Norwich Union said they wanted despatch riders to pay double insurance! The job did teach me how to fix bikes though!

My history with ZXR400's is that I used to own a H model. Sometime in the late 90's I think. I remember it had hard suspension....but cornered really well, with great front end feedback.
It would lean over, and over, and over.........
After maybe a year I part exed it for an Aprilia RS250......

Then I crashed a friends ZXR400 L model. Front end tucked on an island.....

At the moment I am just finishing off a top to bottom overhaul on an L model.
It wasn't how I wanted to spend my 2 weeks off work, but the lad would have killed himself on it if someone didn't fix it.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: Hello......Better late than never.

Post by zimm »

i thought i was the only one daft to enough to desptach on a tzr250 ?! (late 90's, with ZX-4 and gt550 in reserve)

never made any ££ either .. lol