Hello from Glasgow

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

lamdac0re
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

Hello from Glasgow

Post by lamdac0re »

Hello!

I'm Ally, and I've just purchased my first ZXR400.

Been around bikes since as long as I can remember, and been riding on and off for about 15 years, although, the last bike I had was a 600 Diversion, but sold that in 2008.

The ZXR I've bought is a bit tatty cosmetically as it was blown over due to bad weather but comes with a part service history and a dyno print showing 68* horses. *It's either 68 or 58...will double check when I get home.

I believe, its an L3 model (J reg with 60k on the clock) (with the black frame) but a previous owner decided to paint the bodywork all yellow (v5 also showing this)

I'm going to try and restore it to original factory colours, but I'm struggling to find an accurate paint scheme that matches the age of the bike / colour of the frame. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I've already looked on here and not managed to match anything, quite willing to admit my own stupidity if I've been looking in the wrong places!

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you guys, and hopefully a get along to a few meets?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimsym
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Re: Hello from Glasgow

Post by jimsym »

Hi Ally, welcome.

I think this section might be worth a read if you have the chassis number to hand.

http://zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400oc/viewtopi ... 2&start=15

Although the yellow doesnt look too bad!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

whats wrong with being different? yellow looks nice!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

ALL the very best ZXR400s are painted yellow