If at first

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

If at first

Post by KwakKwak »

Hello again, my first effort was a Hi, here are my probs type, apologies.
I'm Stu, from Carrickfergus, N.Ireland, bought my 2001 L9 with 18,000 odd on the clock a few months ago in Cornwall.
Bike is in great shape, full Scorpion road system and barely used Pirelli Dragon Super Corsas on it, had a few issues, mostly sorted thanks to alot of great help here, cheers again chaps, you know who you are. Even had a generous offer of first hand help from Carrick's finest, can't ask for more than that.
Bike was obviously stored for a long time, with petrol in it :smt010 , although looking on the bright side, kept the miles down :smt003
Want this bike to be a keeper, already spent a small fortune on it, and prepared to spend more to keep it in top shape.
Realised why Haynes didn't make a manual for the 400, this place beat them to it.

Again cheers for the help thus far, and in the future.

Stu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Re: If at first

Post by GibboN »

Good luck getting her in shape- I know how that feels...

Hope it costs less than you think!
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Cheers GibboN, just about to total the cost so far :smt010 , then go after the dealer who sold me the bike for some dosh back, reckon I'm in around £500 notes or so, but these bikes are worth it, I'd actually forgotten how much fun working on them is, never mind riding them. When I got her she was so erratic I had to make sure the bike wasn't restricted, dealer told me she was full power, but 70% of the time riding the bike I kept thinking this bike is too slow, I drive Scoobies so am used to abit of go.
Anyway I'm off to start a fight with the dealer, not holding my breath.

Had a peek at your pride and joy, nice :smt003
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Post by GibboN »

For a 400 mine didn't feel up to much at first either but it's true what everyone says- get the revs up and she'll fly and sound amazing. Great fun to ride.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Had her out yesterday for a squirt, since standardising the carbs etc etc she is running well, actually doesn't need high revs to get going, from about 6,000 pulls well, went for the L9 as I'd read that it didn't need it's nuts revved off to start pulling, sounds bloody mental, very addictive :smt020