evening all

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

evening all

Post by kawazonkey »

I've been given a ZXR400 for some work I'm doing for a friend. It runs and rides, even has an MOT, no way on earth it'll pass another at the moment! Stripped the faring and end can off to have a better look and it needs a new rear disc and tyre, possibly chain too, new end can, brake pads all round, probably numerous other bits. My only other Kwak was a KH250 back in those heady two stroke days so I expect I'll be asking a lot of obvious questions once I start fiddling with it (the bike that is).

Cheers, Alex

ps tried to upload pics but all the sizes are too big dammit.
kawazonkey

Re: evening all

Post by kawazonkey »

Managed to make a pic smaller...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello and welcome. Bit of work and that will be a tidy bike.
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

Stripped all the fairing off and the rear can, that looks very shabby. From what I can see she needs discs all round, they are so worn they have grooves in them, pads natch, a new fork seal, might as well do both, oil, filter plugs etc. Oh and tyres! When all that is done I'll respray the old girl in Kawasaki green.

It is a Jap import but I have been told it's derestricted and from my test ride I certainly believe it. Hit 10,000rpm and it just flies! Love it!!