ellooo

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

clayt464
My Bike: tomos moped

ellooo

Post by clayt464 »

:smt006

just to say hey to you all and awsome forum

im about to take my big bike test soon (need 3 more lessons) past my theory for bikes and i have a zxr400 ready for me when ive passed. only my age is making me have it restricted to 33bhp.
nice one again

catch ya later

(ps any of you done ur tests recently bit of advise would be appreciated
thanks!!)
Kernel

Post by Kernel »

I did my test on the 28th Feburary, but I did Direct Access so I don't know how it differs from the restricted test, but my only bit of advise would be ride like you had already failed! Honestly, it sets you in a more relaxed state, I thought I had failed mine 2 mins from leaving the test centre, so I just thought lets just have a nice ride. :D

What model ZXR have you got? Any pics?

Welcome to the forums :D
clayt464

Post by clayt464 »

thats a good way to look at it thanks its just the lifesavers and the rear observations getting them all in the right places while traffics still moving around you is anoying.ill remember that one though thanks
its a 1996 i think its an L model,i have two pics that were took before it was mine.

Image[/img]
mongo

Post by mongo »

Kernel wrote:I did my test on the 28th Feburary, but I did Direct Access so I don't know how it differs from the restricted test, but my only bit of advise would be ride like you had already failed! Honestly, it sets you in a more relaxed state, I thought I had failed mine 2 mins from leaving the test centre, so I just thought lets just have a nice ride. :D

What model ZXR have you got? Any pics?

Welcome to the forums :D
There is no difference between the direct access test and the restricted test apart from you do it on different bikes with different power outputs as it has to be within a certain range of bhp.

Looks a lovely bike, keep it well maintained and keep it going, when it comes to removing those restrictors you will love the extra kick you get from 6k onwards then the final 10k+ rush, compared to when its restricted.

I have been biking for 5 years and went via the restricted licence, got my zxr 400 and had it restricted, then got it unrestricted. Sold it, bought an R1, missed the zxr for country runs (i really like twisty short A roads or B roads) so i had to get another zxr, cracking bikes for B road action. I just need to get a 444 kit for just that little bit more power and itd be awesome.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome to the frum mate, smart bike indeed! :)
clayt464

Post by clayt464 »

thanks i intend to keep it for a while so ill be looking after it alot.

ive bin on a bike for bout a year riding almost everyday as its my main transport even through the crap weather we have.
cant wait to have a bigger one for the summer even if it is resticted.

sounds alot of fun when i can have it derestricted though.
:P
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Should be easy if restricted in the carbs some bikes just have big washers in the inlet rubbers just pop off the carbs and you will see them great big nasty washers with a little hole for the fuel to run through

1 hour if slow with the tools i reckon

Good luck and welcome

Some one will soon put me right if not in the carbs im just guessing i ride a rocket :smt003
clayt464

Post by clayt464 »

yer i sent of for a restriction kit and document they sent me 4 big nasty washer to stick in the inlets
ty for advice and im pleased to say
YAY i passed my test and im on the road with it now
thanks again for the test advice and the restriction advice
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to the forum dude.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Sagacious1
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Sagacious1 »

Congratulations on passing your test - enjoy the summer :smt004

why oh why did they change the writing on the back from ninja to 400? your bike looks fab.
Good girls ride motorbikes - bad girls thrash 'em!
clayt464

Post by clayt464 »

i know i think the ninja looks better than 400
i get people asking what cc it is all the time

thanks i will enjoy the summer even better if i wasnt restricted i think im gonna get used to the bike abit more cause im straight off a geared lil super 50 get used to differnt weight going round corners and coming out i found mine has alot more of a kick lol. then ill get them washers out n have sum fun.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

uh oh a zxr400 with ninja on it havent we had this discussion b4? :smt017
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.