so glad i found this site

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

originalnut
My Bike: zx400

so glad i found this site

Post by originalnut »

hello all i used to have an l9 zxr unfortunately i stupidly swapped it for a car BIG mistake but i have now purchased what i believe is a zx4 with a tonne of spares that needs some heavy tlc i have read a fair bit on the internet about these but there isnt really a lot of usefull information i can use im hoping to put a lot of zxr parts on as i prefer the zx4 frame but i presume its trual and error previous owner bought zxr parts as he identified it wrong but if they fit its a bonus. i have upladed a photo hopefully it shows up but it show the previous owner has botched the fairing put the wrong tank on ect ect so i have a lot of work to do so watch this space, oh and any advice on the zx4 to zxr 400 transformation would be helpfull or feel free to throw some suggestions in there as i am still 100% in what i want it to look like wgen its done yet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: so glad i found this site

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to the forum, good to have another zx400 onboard, have you seen this thread ? viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10522
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
originalnut

Post by originalnut »

ye i have read that a couple of times double checking previous owner was a bit strange he replaced the standard forks with twin discs to a usd with a single disc i believe the tank is off a ducati (or so im told) but it comes with parts galore i just need to identify them i am almost certain ive got a zxr swingarm and a single arm swingarm and the standard one that comes on the bike and its the same with the forks the bike was passed on to another bloke before me that bought LOADS of parts but with the common mistake of thinking it was a zxr but he never got past bying parts and stripping the bike but im glad as im spoilt for choice as to wich direction to go with this bike ive got to sort a few things out and ill end up doing a build diary and maybe swapping or selling off some unwanted stuff when i get around to it
originalnut

Post by originalnut »

my previous bike aswell i just love the kawasaki 400's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

I think the tank and seat are off a cagiva mito evo

zorst can looks like an r1

Calipers also look very mito esque

Bit of a heinz 57 but could be made very nice

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
originalnut

Post by originalnut »

just looked through a stack of reciept you are right the forks and front brake a cagiva mito the seat and subframe aswell and the can does have yamaha written on it but ill prob swap sell or store those as i have a whole bike or twos worth of spare parts