Hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Hello

Post by phelsumania »

Hello all you beautiful people, Thought I would be rude not to introduce myself now I've registered to the boards.
My names Jarvis from hampshire, I've been riding a beloved r125 a few years now and to be honest I have been content with her for a few years. Top ends not amazing as its a 4 stroke 125 but corners like a dream just as fun as a larger bike on twisty B roads.

Ever since I was a child I fell in love with the zxr 400 I've always had my heart set on one, well earlier this week I found one which was just way to much of a bargain to pass up, so I've taken the plunge and finally treated myself to one. Mechanically its sound but does need some cosmet touch ups. To be honest the cosmetics are pretty good for her age but I am a snob and because she's a classic and sheds one of my dreem bikes I want her perfect. I own my own compressor airbrush and air gun so she is going to get a complete respray back into her traditional colours. I got here for under a k with a years mot and tax. She's got 20k on the clock new brake pads new k&n air filter and comes with the stock exhaust and an unused ART exhaust. The only slight issue I could find is the front left disk had a little rust on it but it didn't look deeply on so I am hoping using some rehydration fluid and micro fiber cloth they clean up alright and will replace them on the next service. The radiator grill was also rusted a bit so I will give that a fine sand blasting and respray as well.

I also use a helmet can religiously (So your probably gonna see my baby) for insurance and I have been an all weather rider so I get lots of footage of the dodgy crap we subject ourselfs to between end of December to beginning of February most of my riding the past 18 months been at 4am. Not had any snow yet this year thankfully but lots of ice in the early hours, my confidence on ice and snow has dropped atad since I binned it on the black ice last month. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3b5ZSUIg6as
Also I appreciate my colour schemes a tad mental on the r125, don't worry I wouldnt do something so sacreligious to the ZXR :-)
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Hello

Post by KwakKwak »

:smt006

Done the black ice thing too, right in front of a neighbour, who was of a nervous disposition, poor woman almost had a heart attack.

That colour scheme does stand out, a little :pmsl

I always had my heart set on a KR1S until I saw the ZXR, having said that, I still kinda have my heart set on a KR1S, and a few other bikes come to mention it.

You all weather riders are pussies, I only ride when its dry and warm, I can take the heat and sweat, easy.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Post by phelsumania »

Cars have no excuses for not seeng us, its bright enough. also becasue of 2 winters worth of 50+ mile a day round trips ive come off a few times due to weather conditions and that body works so so so much cheep to repair.

going to have to get yourself a KR1S project on the go at some point, nice bike :-) dunno why but i have a big heart for the smaller cc engines. Doubt i will ever go beyond a 600, and i am only getting one if i can financially aford to keep the zxr aswell

Problem when the suns out and the roads are dry it brings out all the butt holes aswell. This was on my ride down to purchace the zxr, dont get me wrong i could have braked much harder, kinda misjudged the speed the van was approaching and assumed they would have pulled back into there lane as i had right of way. dont get me wrong i could see there was room and it was going to be tight, just didnt click how close it would be untill it was right next to me, and put to much trust in the van driver to be able to line it up right. That said though if i was in a car i would probably been fooked. +1 for the biker

if you watch this turn down your volume to around 30% the wind noise is loud at the start
http://youtu.be/LfstXRBYoXA
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

Close one mate shocking

You are a more patient and forgiving man than I, defo have been turning for a "chat".

Makes one realise just how important reading the road ahead is, or ar5ehole spotting as I call it.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.