Noob alert!

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: Noob alert!

Post by Miles »

Take the rhs rear fairing off and you will see the indicator relay hanging with a rubber band that slides on to a metal support

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/lmodel.html

Have a flick through the electrical section. Has a picture and location
kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Post by kawazonkey »

The paint mines are real...not sure of the legality issues over here but a mate did put one right inside his garage door a few years ago. It worked...the thieving scumbag who broke in got covered in bright pink paint and was nicked an hour later! The ground anchor seems the way to go...
Madderz
My Bike: 1992 Kawasaki ZXR400

Post by Madderz »

Miles wrote:Take the rhs rear fairing off and you will see the indicator relay hanging with a rubber band that slides on to a metal support

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/lmodel.html

Have a flick through the electrical section. Has a picture and location
Cheers, found the manuals. Damn are those things useful!!
The paint mines are real...not sure of the legality issues over here but a mate did put one right inside his garage door a few years ago. It worked...the thieving scumbag who broke in got covered in bright pink paint and was nicked an hour later! The ground anchor seems the way to go...
That's hilarious, unfortunately my Mrs or little one would no doubt forget and i'd have 2 very pissed off girls getting paint bombed. Good to hear a bike thief was caught though. Dirty b*******. Horrible hearing someones pride and joy getting nicked. :smt011
He who dares, Wins.
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Post by GibboN »

Probably way off mark here but with the idle problem double check the choke cable hasn't got stuck. Had something similar happen to me last week and didn't realise the cable got stuck after a lot of rain.
I've had occasions where the throttle has done 'unusual' things to the rev with the choke out and having just started her up. Would explain why the revs are sitting higher than they're supposed to be.

The revs dropping when you let the clutch out will just be the clutch engaging I think.
Madderz
My Bike: 1992 Kawasaki ZXR400

Post by Madderz »

Hey there :)

It turned out to be something to do with my idle screw thing. I'm not sure if that can stick but it seemed to go from one extreme to the other and only really settled back down when I almost pulled away. With a bit of working it both ways I found a sweet spot and the idle is just right. My choke cable is a bitch. It's either all the way in or off. Theres no middle ground. I did try greasing it when I had it apart balancing carbs but no luck.

She's been sat for around a month now whilst I get stuff together to do the headmaster bur I thought I'd run her up over the weekend, took me FOREVER to get started and when I did she ran like a PIG. Wouldn't go through the Rev range smoothly, spluttered with too much throttle and wouldn't goanywhere near a high rpm.

I'm hoping it just where it's been sat and needs a run. Shitting my pants that once the head gasket etc is done she won't fire lol! Fingers crossed and all that.
He who dares, Wins.