Hi there!

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Peewee-ITFC
My Bike: ZXR 400 L1

Hi there!

Post by Peewee-ITFC »

Hi, another newbie to the forums here. I found this site while searching for good info on this bike and have found it great so far.

I got my ZXR 400 L1 about a year ago, my mate had it for a few years before that and I said if he ever sold it, I wanted it. Being a short arsed woman, it's ideal as I like to be able to put both feet on the floor if I need to :smt001

Since these pics have been taken, I've put new rear fairings on as my mate let his girlfriend on the back wearing boots with zips on the insides and scratched them to hell :smt013

Just a quick question, I keep hearing that all of these bikes are imports, are they all imports? How would I be able to tell if not? There is nothing on the V5 to say so. My only concern is what to declare it as on the insurance as I know the b****rds try to not pay out with any indiscretions on the forms.

Anyway, here she is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Hi there!

Post by cargo »

Hello and welcome.

The ZXR 400 was officially imported to the UK for its entire production run. However there are also plenty of non UK bikes imported unofficially. Mostly Japanese market.
Ewetea
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Post by Ewetea »

In my experience a "grey" import bike has no OFF/SIDE/HEADLIGHT switch on the right hand control. Thus the lights will come on as soon as the ignition is switched on. Also, there is no sidelight at the front because you can't switch off the headlights. The speedo will be in KPH, maybe with a transparent overlay in MPH or a blue gearbox on the rear of the speedo. "Grey" just means that the bike was sold and used in another country before being shipped to the UK as a second hand item. When I insured a bike at a local brokers, the system told them that it was imported.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

goodpost

What he said :smt023
Peewee-ITFC
My Bike: ZXR 400 L1

Post by Peewee-ITFC »

Thanks for the help guys :smt001

I'm looking forward to getting lots of good info from all of you.