Hi everyone

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

GrizzlyBear
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Hi everyone

Post by GrizzlyBear »

Here's my latest addition, a 2000 reg ZXR 400 L9. I've bought her to ride after I pass the new bike test (march) and can't wait!
IMG_2928 - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GrizzlyBear on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
And I'm waiting for a sign, to show you that, that this is my crime and I know why, I know why I can't confess to this,
show you what I am.
Top-shaggy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: KR-1R

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Top-shaggy »

Hi Grizzly
Lovely bike and in the fastest colours too
Good luck with the test :)
We are we're we are..
GrizzlyBear

Post by GrizzlyBear »

Thanks Shaggy, just need to change the tyres as they are currently a set of metzler race tyres which are size 180 on the back? I think they should be 160s haha. I'm looking at some Bridgestone battle ax but im open to any advice :)
And I'm waiting for a sign, to show you that, that this is my crime and I know why, I know why I can't confess to this,
show you what I am.
JamieNeve
My Bike: CBR600RR, ZXR400 L-2

Post by JamieNeve »

Welcome to the forum, looks nice! It's always good getting the bike a couple of months before you can ride it, as you can future proof/ add any mods you like!

I had the Bridgestone BT023's on my ZXR, and they were great sports/touring tyres. Brilliant in both the wet and dry. I had Michellin Pilot Sports before, which were fairly crappy!

Hope this helps :)
GrizzlyBear

Post by GrizzlyBear »

Hi Jamie, thanks for the warm welcome! I've ordered the battle ax tires and the only mods I've planned to do are put on a set of BTR braided hoses front and rear. I've been searching through the wealth of knowledge on this site and found the original brake lines are a bit crappy lol. She has a micron end can but the original can was givien to me and its mint! so I may make her standard :) oil and filter has been ordered as it was stood a while but other than that it's ready for march 18th! :excited
show you what I am.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

GrizzlyBear wrote:it was stood a while but other than that it's ready for march 18th! :excited
Being a ZXR it probably isn't :smt077
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
GrizzlyBear

Post by GrizzlyBear »

lol :pmsl I hope it is!
show you what I am.
Plonk
My Bike: GSXR 750 K3

Post by Plonk »

Welcome to the madness grizzly, fingers crossed for the test, then here comes summer!
Rides better in my head than on the roads...
Fettled GSXR 750 in stealth black.
Cagiva Mito Mk II
Cagiva Mito Mk II Eddie Lawson Rep
ZXR400 H1 Restoration project
GrizzlyBear

Post by GrizzlyBear »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Just bought the battle ax's and took the bike for a spin up the farm road and wow shocking it's amazing! (well compared to my '85 KH125 anyway). A little flat when up to 6,000rpm but that could just be the fact the bike hasn't been used in some time. After a few goes it seemed ok. Have just removed the rear wheel for the new tires and have come across the infamous brake pad pins :smt011 I can't understand why they didn't drill a through hole but whatever :pmsl so yeah it's the standard, rusty as f**k, not budging. So my plan is to soak in WD-40 and try to wrench them out with pliers. I've read the brake FAQ's and may drill out the pins and turn some new longer ones on the lathes at work so it's easier in the future. Then all that needs to be done is fit my new BTR bradied hoses and I'm all set!
show you what I am.