Hello

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Dextermckay
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Hello

Post by Dextermckay »

Just a quick hello - I've just had my ZXR400 L1 delivered this morning, with it being used as my first bike if/when I get my A2 license (hopefully by next weekend) I didn't want a pristine example due to the worry of dropping it etc.

I'll update with more photos when the weather improves, and any work that I'm planning on doing.

IMG_3438.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dextermckay on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: Hello

Post by Miles »

Welcome to the forum. First thing to do is skim through the electrics section in the service manual. This can be found on the main website
Jack94x
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 2002 ZXR 400 L9

Post by Jack94x »

Yay someone else on the A2 license, welcome to the forum dude! The ZXR is my first bike too and I've gotta say that even restricted it's a lot of fun biggrin Good luck with your test!
Cheers.
Jack
Dextermckay
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Post by Dextermckay »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it turns out that there was no fault with the lighting, I just hadn't found the on/side/off switch at that point in time :oops:
Did you have to alter the fuel/jetting after restricting yours Jack? (assuming that you restricted it at the carbs)
Cheers
Jack94x
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 2002 ZXR 400 L9

Post by Jack94x »

Yeah mine's restricted in the carbs with the kit from FI international (http://www.fiinternational.com/ShowDeta ... e=Kawasaki). I got it put in at the same time when it was having a major service at my local dealer so don't honestly know I'm afraid, as far as I'm aware the jetting wasn't altered but the carbs were balanced after the kit was put in.
Cheers.
Jack