New rider and seeking a bike

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

MrPunchinella
My Bike: Wishful ZXR

New rider and seeking a bike

Post by MrPunchinella »

Hello everyone, I'm seeking my licence as a 47 yr old wanting to enjoy bikes. Had bikes as a younger man but all off road so I'm treating this as an absolute novice. I'm 6 ft and very fit so I hope a 400 will be something well within my control. I've always thought of the ZXR as a bike I was "always going to get" and I've memories of a mates 750.

I'm looking forward to learning learning learning and I've got access to lots of private space to learn proper control. I'll be buying next year and I honestly can't wait.

Hope to be a proper member of the forum soon
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: New rider and seeking a bike

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to the forum, ive had 3-4 zxr400s amongst gsxr110s, zxr750s Tl1000R and my current zx10r but would buy another tomorrow
cracking bikes!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

hi there, at 6ft the bike might feel a bit small and cramped - im 5' 10" and its just about fine for me, long journeys can hurt your wrists though.

if you need any advice you have definitely come to the right place, the bike is pretty easy to learn if you plan to do maintenance yourself.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
MrPunchinella
My Bike: Wishful ZXR

Post by MrPunchinella »

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I thought about the 400 as an ideal first time bike. I have seen many more 750s for sale but thought that I need time for that?

Anyway, thanks again