Hello from a zx4 owner

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Johnhas
My Bike: Zx400g f3

Hello from a zx4 owner

Post by Johnhas »

Hello, just like to introduce myself before I start shamelessly picking everyone's brains for info on Zxr's and zx4's!
I'm John, I am new to kawasaki's apart from a j1 750 and an ar50 years ago. I'm currently building a zx400g (zx4) track bike and yes I know I should of gone for a Zxr! Lol any advice and info would be greatly appreciated thanks, John
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: Hello from a zx4 owner

Post by zimm »

Im a Big fan of the ZX-4 (zx400g)

had a few, despatched on one for years, built one with ZXR 400 H2 forks/wheels/brakes/swingarm/carbs/airbox .. (H1 yokes though)..
was an ace roadbike

actually I've a frame and some panels that I was going to use as a track bike.. frame has been modded to accept ZXR400-H1 swingarm spindle and a custon torque arm mounting Tig'd into place .. plus a ZX4 engine somewhere ..

open to offers on them..

Johnhas

Post by Johnhas »

Hi zimm, I have read your thread on it while doing my research (read lurking) :smt002
I've got the frame and engine, however my barrels are fubar if you have any for sale? Or what would you want for the engine? I'm currently fitting zx6r fork internals and rear wheel for the 17" rim. Eventually I might want to race forgotten era so trying to keep it within there regs.
Johnhas

Post by Johnhas »

I am also going to sell the full fairing and light etc if anyone would be interested in them?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

didnt think there was room in the stock swingarm for a 160 section tyre ?

H1/H2 swingarms both fit if you bore the frame or press an insert into the arm ..

pm sent re engine
Johnhas

Post by Johnhas »

Oh ffs! I've got the wheel and sprocket carrier changed the bearings and sent the carrier off to be machined for wheel alignment and never even thought to check if the tyre fits in the swingarm! :smt010
Johnhas

Post by Johnhas »

Zimm, I've pm'd you back but think message is stuck in the outbox? Am I allowed to pm yet as a new member?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

pm's sit in the outbox until read thats all ...

I Hope for your sake im wrong,. but i seem to recall that tyre fitment was why i changed the swingarms.. changed the front mostly for the brakes ..

I was going to run mine in Forotten Era.. I know its not technically legal to have USD's when not stock, but I cant see them having a problem with it..

dont think ive any spare barrels that are both any good and on the standard bore size
Johnhas

Post by Johnhas »

I'm going to put an old tyre on the wheel in a min and offer it up, I didn't check before because I was under the impression the zx4 swinger was just an unbraced h1 swinger? Like I said tho I'm new to the world of Zxr's