A Big Hello to all Members

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

watsonm359
My Bike: ZXR400H2

A Big Hello to all Members

Post by watsonm359 »

Hi all

Apologies, but I've posted else where on the forum first thinking I'd already introduced myself on here!

I'm currently in the process of putting together a H2 from the frame up acquiring parts from just about everywhere. It's surprising how many parts you can still get new and NOS, but the NOS don't come around too often and when they do it usually means from the States, Germany, Holland etc! Constantly searching on flee bay for hours does pay off on times!

The build is going well, albeit slowwwwwww, but is quite therapeutic! Been at it since November last year and as time goes on more and more larger sections come together from new parts to old parts cleaned up. I just need the frame, swingarm and subframe powder coated and the build will take a big leap forward.

About me. Just clicked 20 years with HMF and currently I'm based in Norfolk hoping to move on next year on posting (nothing wrong with the location, just time to move on). Cannot say too much for security reasons I'm afraid and not because I believe there are any suspect individuals on this forum!

I do have another bike, but judging by the grief you get for mentioning the manufacture....I'll not bother! But, it's a 2009 model, 600cc and has RR at the end of it!

If anyone has some half decent H2 parts and H1 for sale, ping me a message and we can discuss terms.

That's enough chatter from me. Great to be on here with members who have a vast knowledge and experience to serve all. Keep up the good work.
jamesgoodfella
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 H1 + CB350K2

Re: A Big Hello to all Members

Post by jamesgoodfella »

Welcome Watsonm!

Good to see you're actually being active on the forum now! :excited

We expect photos and updates :smt064
masterofinsanity wrote:or use a Duplo brick :smt002
watsonm359
My Bike: ZXR400H2

Post by watsonm359 »

His James

I thought I recoqnised you when I was scrolling through the site yesterday! Pics yeah, I'm afraid that unless you want pics of the bike in bits sprawled all over the garage floor then fine mate!!!! The bike is taking small steps as I continue to gather parts, but until the chassis is blasted then coated and I get to bolt her back together the pics will have to wait I'm afraid.

How are you getting on with yours?

Mike
jamesgoodfella
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 H1 + CB350K2

Post by jamesgoodfella »

I was half expecting you to be more active than me biggrin
Just take photos as you go along then post us a nice big build log! We'll all appreciate that.
Getting there slowly, front calipers have been stripped and rebuilt. Possibly bleeding them today. New front and rear sprocket have been fitted, possibly having the chain fitted today too but need to go post some bits for eBay and go pick up my bleed kit from Euro Car Parts so not sure if I'll have the time! I've got all weekend for this anyway :excited
Fingers crossed I get that done then I can go about MOT'ing this frame asap and sort out any little niggles in preparation for Spain. If all done in time I'll get my 300 mile year old Bridgestone BT090s fitted for the trip so I'll have pretty much fresh tyres for it!
James
masterofinsanity wrote:or use a Duplo brick :smt002
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

wlcum

And good introduction. And definitely get some pictures up of it in its current state and more as your build progresses