93 zxr

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

jimmymc
My Bike: zxr 400 L3

93 zxr

Post by jimmymc »

Hello all,

Been registered on here for years having had zxr 750's in the past but recently I've become a zxr 400 owner.

I am not much interested in riding these days I've had a good few years of riding but time and family etc have taken over and the solitary riding time has been put on the back burner.

This hasn't bothered me in the slightest I still get to the odd race meeting at the local track ,albeit I drive there now with kids in tow,but recently something caught my eye and long story short I bought it on Thursday , brought it home and decided to restore it to a certain degree, I paid little for it and it's an honest bike, (it screams I've been abused and neglected) so I have decided to give it a new lease of life and I'm actually interested in it all again (we can see how long that lasts) :excited

So the story so far I go and see a sorry bike, take it home not knowing whether it is going to bankrupt me or be kind to me in return for me giving it a little tlc but i thought I'd give it a go.

So as soon as it was off the back of my pickup I started stripping it and gathering info on the extent of the neglect. It's pretty much stripped now and there are a few parts that need replacing and some old worn out parts I'd like to replace because I'm picky but it is all there , all tight and well lubed, if not a little scruffy ( sounds like an ex girlfriend ) :pmsl and I believe it'll be a good basis for a restoration project.

So hopefully you guys will be able to help out along the way when I get brain freeze and can't fathom out the best way forward!

I know I'm going to need to spend way more than it'll be worth when I'm finished and that it'll make me want to pull my hair out but it has to be done
It's probably going to be the bike that I keep in the garage and mess with and possibly ride every so often and that excites me a bit. My last bike was a Ktm and it did anything but excite me, I've always liked the zxr 400 , it's a great looking bike , it looks relatively easy to work on and there seems to be a supply of parts readily available . Some admittedly more than others!
I am now going to work out how to upload pics and show you the bike as I collected, and maybe in a year or so we can look back and see e difference.

Thanks for listening to me drivel!
Feel free to send advice my way.

Cheers
Jimmy
jimmymc

Re: 93 zxr

Post by jimmymc »

hmm? don't quite understand whats happening here? i could have swore i posted in another forum and added pics etc?
anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

You started this "hi, i am xxxx and this is my plan." thread in the wrong section.

I moved it to the correct section.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
jimmymc

Post by jimmymc »

Sorry ,

I thought the project section would have been my best bet, what with it being a project heavy thread , not many replys to newbies in the "getting to know you section".

But I suppose you know what your doing.

Is there an etiquette thread in the FAQs ? Don't want to pee anyone off being the new boy, I need all the help I can get.

Cheers
Jimmy
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Well... you can stop apologising for a start.

TBH, the best way to get help is to post in the relevant section, that way people know exactly what they are helping you with.

Electrics for electrical probs etc etc.

Project updates and progression reports in the "Showcase showdown & your build threads " section.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
jimmymc

Post by jimmymc »

Sorry , il get it right at some point.

So i should split this up and put a bit in the intro's a bit in the projects and a bit in the help section?

You know what its like joining a forum for the first time , first timers not knowing how to behave, it reminds of my first days in barlinnie , everybody jostling for position , ooft .

Il get there!

Cheers

Jimmy.

P.s. Thanks for the welcome.