new here!!

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

dynamatiz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

new here!!

Post by dynamatiz »

hello guys and gals

been long time lurking on here as a guest and av finally joined, so here i am, and great site peeps

ive just bought a zxr400 l model on a l reg, and its a fantastic bike, needs a bit of tlc, to get it the way a want it (been standing around for a year or so ), but am quite willing to put the work and money into it ( well not too much money lol), and al take some pics of it later and get them posted up

been passed my test since 3 years ago ow, and this is the first bike ive had since then, and can honselty say this is an ideal 1st bike for me

ive got a couple of quereies on my bike itself, and me not been the most knowledgeable when it comes to mechanics or bikes for that matter, could do with a helping hand to make a better bike

so cheers thats me, thanks in advance

cheers dyna
Sagacious1
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by Sagacious1 »

:smt006 Hello
Good girls ride motorbikes - bad girls thrash 'em!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hello mate, welcome to zxrworld. :smt006
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
kwakbiker
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by kwakbiker »

Welcome along :smt006
Own the best-Kawafuckinsaki
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome matey, any questions just ask away, thats what were here for! :smt001
dynamatiz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by dynamatiz »

cheers guys for the reponses :smt006

am a complete newbie when it comes to zxrs so a warn you all now for future incase i ask any dumb questions :smt017

hey robb quality bike mate, love the tail unit as well, how much did that set you back ?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

It set me back 120 quid from ebay, they dont come up often but its a proper kawasaki SP seat unit from an SP model ZXR, none of this shoddy aftermarket stuff :smt003

They come up now and again, i saw two units on ebay not long after i bought mine, one was 50 quid, another 30, neither of them sold :| If id had the money i would have bought them both!
dynamatiz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by dynamatiz »

am goona get me self one of those, they look smart as!

no doubt ill have to get one sprayed though, god this bike is gonna cost me a small fortune, dont wether to get a full respray and buy one then or keep the same colours(hey have grown on me), cos my plastic have got a few scrathes on them and they narc the life out of me !!

but she will be worth it :smt003
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

What colour scheme has it got?

You can get aftermarket items for about 100 quid but you gotta pay to have it painted. Plus you need to cut it to fit the seat and lights. Also i found they didnt fit very well as i used to have one. The kwak unit is already cut for you and it fits aswell.

My bike cost me a small fortune! I spent 2K buying it and spent 2.5K doing it up, all thats left now is basically to paint it, plan was to have that done this summer but thats not looking likely unfortunately, but the wait will definately be worth it! Once paint work is done im starting on the engine! :twisted: