Another Newbie

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

buellx1
My Bike: tomos moped

Another Newbie

Post by buellx1 »

Hey everyone!
mi from the US im in the US air force stationed in japan and i got a deal too good to pass up to add to my colelction of cars and bikes

I got this decent 1991 ZXR400 for FREEEEE

It took me almost 5 hours to diagnose a problem i found by accident. I went to check the spark plugs to see if they were bad/flooded/whatever, adn BAM the wire came off from in the boot!!! So i ran to the store, grabbed a new wire (2,700 yen) 4 spark plugsd at 720 yen a piece and went back, put the new wire in, hooked the coil up....tried to start, wanted to BAD....but didnt.
So i though, it sounds like its only firing on 2 cylinders.
I hooked up the ignition coil backwards and it wasnt firing.
tried to start her up
BAM started up!!!!

then i was putting the tank back on, twisted a line, adn starved it. It shut off...tried to start it back up and flooded it lol. So im going to get some new plugs tomorrow, but i think 100 bucks total for a free bike that is almost 2,000 here on base to get, isnt a bad deal at all.

Im glad to be here, im used to rifding my 1200 CC buell in the mountains, and i hope i can flick this around just as easily! After i break it un good and clean er out, it will be going to my wife to get her into the whole motorcycle thing since she loves my bike!

But alas, im so glad i found this place, i dont speak japanese lol....yet

Pics will come of both bikes tomorrow!
2000 Buell X1 lightning
1991 ZXR400
*Soon* Aprilia 250 and Ducati 996
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Nice one, glad to have you aboard!!!! :smt006
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
buellx1
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by buellx1 »

thanks@ hope i can contribute something!
2000 Buell X1 lightning
1991 ZXR400
*Soon* Aprilia 250 and Ducati 996