New / Old Member

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Kawasaki_Kidd
My Bike: Zx400 & ZX10R

New / Old Member

Post by Kawasaki_Kidd »

Hi 👋 I’m Ryan or Curly as my friends call me I’m in Hertfordshire

I used to be a member of the forum maybe sum 10-12 years ago probably more

Back in the days of having my first big bike a zxr400

That steered me on to my life long passion for biking and since owning it I have moved on over the years but always remained a die hard kwak lover with green blood in my veins

Moved on to a 2001 zx6r last of the carbed 600s which I ran for about 2-3 years and I still own it.

After this I had a 2010 zx6r which I absolutely loved that bike and had it on road for about 4 years at least

That’s where I really started to push my riding ability and got better and better throwing g it around chasing down the 1000s and general being a menace to the bigger bikes in our grouping

After a long time of being told to get a 1000 I finally decided it was time to make a move

I went out an got a very well kept Gen 3 2008 zx10, have an affinity with that shape and design as it was the same as my 600 almost exactly just more powerful and a little bigger for me that was the best move I could have made and was at the right time

I had that bike for about another 4/5 years and did some serious riding on it, touring and getting some more skills that came with age and experience

I eventually sold my gen 3 zx10 and was just using a Harley sportster for a daily hack until 12 months later I bought a new (to me at least) zx10 2017 low mileage in January this year

I’ve put about 5k miles on it so far and was scrubbing it round donnington and Cadwell in feb and march

After deciding that I wanted to get more into track riding as I was pretty good at it, I decided it was time to go back to grass roots learning and am considering racing in the 2025 season with maybe bemsee or NG road racing

I went out and bought a beauty of a bike for this purpose

So I come back around full circle and I now own since may this year a 93/94 zxr400 race prepared sub 64 bike running total loss

It’s a beaut

Maxton front and rear suspension, updated front brembo master cylinder, 2018 zx6 4 pot nissins, underslung brembo rear caliper with nissin master cylinder , spare wet on wheels complete with discs all round, ses rearsets and clip -Ons, racing exhaust headers, and dynojet kit in carbs and dyno’ sat currently at 59.67@88mph

I have more to find in the future to get it up to the max possible

So will be looking for more torque and top end

I’m looking also to get an SP engine and rebuild it from the sump up 🔝

Hard to find I know but it’s a plan to move on

If anyone has any advice or suggestions or ideas I’m all ears

Also if anyone is currently racing in sub classes then id love to pick your brains 🧠

Or maybe even just come watch and learn more about bike setups at different circuits or even just lend a hand

I’m doing it all on my own and it’s tough if your a solo rider / mechanic and pit crew

Cheers for the add and see you around
Let the good times roll