how do all

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

how do all

Post by Guest »

hi yer,

lovely site here, stumbled across you whilst looking for zxr reviews, as i fancied one for after i pass my DAS.

as it happens, i couldnt bloody wait.....so ive just bught this one, and it arrives wednesday....2000 x reg, 3800 miles on the clock (uk bike) tax & mot till apr 06....stunning to be honest....so i shall be polishing her and getting familiar too until that day arrives whe i can wrap my legs around her and break her in, bestie stylie!

so.....just wanted to show me face as i know for a fact i shall have loads of questions for you all. currently i am peddaling around on a dt 125 which i must say i love, owned her from new 2002 and only covered 1100 dry miles, plus a little off roading (most fun, and ive found it teaches you alot about road riding......especially hitting loose gravel, and the back end fishtails!!) so ill be sorry to see her go come that beautifull DAS day....happy DAS day i shall hear you cry lol!

alos in besties garage of wonders we have a mini moto, yes its a cag crappy thing but loadsa fun, and a DR mini dirt bike, again, crap but loadsa fun, especially in little quarrys.....25mph feels like 50!!!

so...i shall now stop babbling cod s*it and sit back and watch you rip the crap outta my dream zxr ha ha. incidently i chose a 400 over a honda cbr600 cos i thought the 400 size and weight would be an advantage to me being 5" 7, and i wont kill myself just yet.....at least the missus is happoer with the zx, and ive just bought her a new liud, complete with inbuilt sunglasses!!!! looks seriously like a pilots helmut!

well, i will be flying on her one day ;)

cheers all, and im pleased to meet you!

Bestie

p.s how do i add an image off her for you all to see?[/img]
Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

me

Post by Bestie »

ahh,

i seem to have forgotten to log in....

tis me

bestie

cheers
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Heya Bestie, welcome to the forum :D

Sound sliek you've bought a mint bike there, thats gonna do you proud for a very long time 8)
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: how do all

Post by masterofinsanity »

Anonymous wrote:hi yer,

p.s how do i add an image off her for you all to see?[/img]
[img]image url[/img]
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
nigbuzz

Post by nigbuzz »

welcome
and do good in your test.
One day my pretty, One Day!
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

Welcome to the land of the best, most fun bike i've ever ridden!!!! :D

I wouldn't try it offroad though..... :shock:

:P

Good luck for the test!!!
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

I can say from the heart they run okay in gravel might need to take a few psi out the tyres just seems to dig in on my bike :lol: :lol:

Grass is okay if it is dry cant get the hang of staying on in the wet might need to tweek the suspension Brands Hatch is the best place to try just before Clearways :) :)

Any help on these problems would be very good
Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bestie »

hi guys,

cheers for the warm welcome, just had it hpi checked and got the big green light....so wednesday is the day......

and ive been practising like a bugger on my u turns and all is well, clutch, throttle lean...look, head up, lil bit of back brake and i can turn on a 6 pence!!!

now, down to brass tack things...this image larky, ive posted on other forums before and had the option to browse my hard drive....but i dont have that here, im no pc geek...but is the is goption for linking to a picture on a website? cos i havent got one!...and id love you all to see it....

many thanks for your help!

bestie
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

TRY HITTING THE PREVIEW BUTTON FIRST TO CHECK YOUR SPELLING

That might help us under stand you

buttt itt mighht e god to tie twat furst

Love it Good luck on your test
Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bestie »

maybe,

just maybe.....this mightwork as i bought it off ebay...you may be able to see it..

did it work?

bestie

ah well i suppose copy and paste does!

edit: sloweracer....aye, sorry bout me grammer, i did see it after the submit and changed it asap.....thank god for words spell checker!
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

NO for the link

But the spelling did.
I cant type on a computer either but even i couldnt understand
All good fun
fever

Post by fever »

Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bestie »

cheers fever,

still dont know how you did it tbh, but i have now attached a post it note to my screen to remind me to spell check and preview, so no more mishaps!!!

thanks for sorting out the link, nice to let you all see my soon to be baby come tommorow.

cheers again.
bestie
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

nice bike geezer. :D
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bestie »

cheers geezer MOI,

its pretty much imaculate, has been down on its right side, as there is a dent in the exhaust and scrtach on the front brake lever, but other than that its kosher!
everything standard cept exhaust which is a legal scorpion end can...biding for a seat cowl on ebay...any other ideas on how to smarten her up?

i was thinkin smaller winkies...but thats all so far...also, i need a new back tyre...any one know a good west yorkshire dealer, and good tyre?....

plus....i did a fair bit of research but not once did i read the 400 does NOT have a fuel gauge...just like me DT...oh well :(

should be in for my das again next month....im just riding round in circles gettin used to my u turns....and my gosh....i thought the DT was heavy but the zx is one fat lil bugger aint she!

just finished alarming the garage, although the bike is alarmed, and imobilised...2 heavy chains through wheel and swing arm to ground anchor...disc lock....chain through front wheel to rear of dt and chain through dt front weel....plus massive extra padlock on garage door....

a taliban tank would struggle to get in unnoticed and remove it..oh and me tranny van blocks the door too when im not using it...

thanks sooo much for your help and replies so far guys...tis very nice here!

bestie
(geezer)