From Japan with love...

One for you newbies to introduce yourselves and show us your ZXR!

Moderator: Moderators

Caakman400
My Bike: ZXR400 L5 1995

From Japan with love...

Post by Caakman400 »

Ha ha - that got you all clicking didn't it.

Just dropping in for the first time. Great website - helped me make the decision to get a 400 rather than farting around getting the big bike licence over here :smt011 (plain nonsense).

Used to be on a spanking new Hornet 600 back in London before a black cab inevitably put paid to the front end. Total write off - but Dainese, Sidi, Shoei combo did wonders for my bod :smt004

Now injury and accident free in Japan - had my lil' 400 for a few days now, and absolutely thrashed the tits off it :smt007. Lovely little runner. Shame there's so many blxxdy motorbike cops over here... :smt013

Anyway, need some new tyres - anyone know if BT090s are any good in the wet? Rainy season is on the way... :smt009
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hello mate, ive got 090's fitted to mine but not used them in the wet yet so cant say from my own experience. Ive heard they arent that great tho.

It must be awsome riding in Japan seen videos and pictures of mountain roads there and they seem to be one turn after another. What made you move there?
Caakman400

Post by Caakman400 »

Yeah, Japan's pretty much only corners - I still haven't found a straight worthy of a proper tanking...the motorways here only have two lanes!

Some of the mountain roads are bloxxdy lethal - 99% of them camber down rather than up, which is nuts going downhill in the wet. There's paint everywhere, gravel all over the country roads, potholes, uneven tarmac from all the trucks, tarmac banding, manhole covers every two metres, and drivers who change lanes without indicating. A bit like London really, heh heh. A nice bit of sunshine, sticky tyres, and a brave throttle hand means it all makes sense though!

I honestly got utterly sick of England. Figured, why stay and moan, when I can move and reminisce!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

welcome to the forum mate! can you get spares more readily over there?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

sod the spares, what about the trick tuning stuff you can get!!
Caakman400

Post by Caakman400 »

Had a Yamaha before - spares were ordered in a couple of days. Kwak has the fewest dealers over here though, and haven't needed anything yet. Tons of stuff online though. And when you've got money to spend, nothing is difficult over here. I've seen a lot of trick stuff for cars, but not for bikes. Might be a bit underground so I'll have a hunt around.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Considering they arent meant to do more than 110mph perhaps it is a bit underground. Not just tuning parts but things like rearsets, bodywork extras stuff like that really.
Caakman400

Post by Caakman400 »

Yeah - my mechanics look the part but freaked out when I asked them to remove the restrictor on the speedo. Found another guy who can do it, but even he's reluctant. Time to get my hands dirty...

There's a whole load of aftermarket bodywork/rearsets/screens/fenders/discs/sprockets and all sorts online. Been having a bit of a nose around.

Anyway, off to bed gents. Remember I'm 9 hours forwards, and got a fookin 7:00am wakeup tomorrow. ZXR on empty roads to work though, so it ain't all bad...